ASL to DMR Bridge how to on Raspberry Pi #best_practices

Ted Lawrence

Greetings folks!

I have a Raspberry pi node configured ASL to DMR Bridge.  I do not have any radio on this node 505501.   The node is stand alone, used to connect to other remote base nodes to our DMR Local TG 315136.  As such, I am not clear on the best practice for the node parameters.  For example, should the rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_505501 be commented out.  As if so, what other recommended parameters should be made.

Thanks!
Ted
KD4EG 

Steve N4IRS

On 11/27/19 7:32 PM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
Greetings folks!

I have a Raspberry pi node configured ASL to DMR Bridge.  I do not have any radio on this node 505501.   The node is stand alone, used to connect to other remote base nodes to our DMR Local TG 315136.  As such, I am not clear on the best practice for the node parameters.  For example, should the rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_505501 be commented out.  As if so, what other recommended parameters should be made.

Thanks!
Ted
KD4EG 

Ted Lawrence

Thanks for responding Steve! Very good on the  [1999] Parameters.   All is good with [1999] parameters.  All is working and passing audio to and from DMR.  Just not sure about the my node 505501. It's not connected to any hardware.    

Steve N4IRS

Ted,
This is how ASL rpt.conf is as "shipped"

; Enable the selected channel driver in modules.conf !!!
rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo            ; No radio (hub)
; rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb_1999    ; SimpleUSB
; rxchannel = Pi/1                      ; Raspberry Pi PiTA
; rxchannel = Radio/usb_1999        ; USBRadio (DSP)
; rxchannel = Dahdi/1            ; PCI Quad card
; rxchannel = Beagle/1            ; BeagleBoard
; rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001; GNU Radio interface USRP 

On 11/27/19 7:47 PM, Ted Lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks for responding Steve! Very good on the  [1999] Parameters.   All is good with [1999] parameters.  All is working and passing audio to and from DMR.  Just not sure about the my node 505501. It's not connected to any hardware.