TG Listing in DVSwitch

Jay Mazure

Hello all,

I am new to DV Switch.   I installed the ap on my Samsung S7 and have a VM running Ubuntu.     Everything is working fine,  however I find the TG Listing
awkward to be used.   As well I would like the option to add a TG if possible as well as making simple a simple TG list of what I mostly use.

I see these two items in Ubuntu for TGList:
1.  /usr/local/sbin/TGListUPdate.sh

2.. /var/liv/mmdvm/TGList.txt

For example I wanted to add TG5156 for the Philippines.   I thought it would be something simple like editing and making the change in the TGlist.txt file,   but that didn't work.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.  If this is being worked on else where or has been discussed elsewhere please advise.

73's
Jay Mazure / WT8K
DMR 3132283

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Jay,

You can upload any DMR database to the DVSM app by using the dvswitch.sh script.  The script has several commands that will aid you in this process including the download of the database from the internet, processing of that data into a form compatible with DVSM and upload of the processed file to the app.

As to you desire to customize the database.  You can change it any way you want before you upload it.  One of the best way to customize it is to place your favorite talk groups in the first 10 locations of the file.  These first 10 locations are used as the "long press" dial macros you use on the keypad.  So, if you want your TG to be number five, place it in the fifth location and when you long press the 5 key on the keyboard it will automatically dial your favorite TG.

Hope this helps,
Mike N4IRR

Tom Corcoran

Hello Mike,
to do this, do I use "./dvswitch.sh collectProcessPushDataFiles"? Do I just enter file name at end of this command? Is it necessary to enter the destination directory in DVSM (if there is one)"

tnx ...
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

Tom,
For this command, no file name required, no destination directory required. Make sure DVSM is connected to AB and run the command.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/19 8:45 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Hello Mike,
to do this, do I use "./dvswitch.sh collectProcessPushDataFiles"? Do I just enter file name at end of this command? Is it necessary to enter the destination directory in DVSM (if there is one)"

tnx ...
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Hello Steve,

but if I want to modify the TG list file, don't I have to indicate filename? I like Mike's suggestion of putting favorite TG's in top 10
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

The command you asked about does all 3 steps. collect, Process and PushDataFiles

If you want to edit before you push then:
"./dvswitch.sh collectProcessDataFiles"
look in /tmp you will see a number of .txt files
You can edit one of those data files.
I suggest you leave thew first entry alone (disconnect)
edit the next 9 with your choice of entries. KEEP the same format!
"./dvswitch.sh pushfile file_name.txt"

Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/2019 10:37 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Hello Steve,

but if I want to modify the TG list file, don't I have to indicate filename? I like Mike's suggestion of putting favorite TG's in top 10
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

files all loaded into /tmp. File I edited is DMR_node_list.txt
made changes and then did ./dvswitch.sh DMR_node_list.txt

no changes to DVSM menu. Tried shutdown and rebooting of DVS and DVMS. No changes. Is there something else I should be entering?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/2019 1:07 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
files all loaded into /tmp. File I edited is DMR_node_list.txt
made changes and then did ./dvswitch.sh DMR_node_list.txt

no changes to DVSM menu. Tried shutdown and rebooting of DVS and DVMS. No changes. Is there something else I should be entering?
--
Tom VE3NY

Jay Mazure

Steve / Tony,   Just want to let you know I have been following the email strings.   So far I don't have any luck either.
I'm not a Linux man but am trying hard.

Steve,  could you send me a sample file via email of a talk group list.   If your busy no worries.

73
Jay / WT8K

On Saturday, December 14, 2019, 10:07:09 AM PST, Tom Corcoran <tcorcoran@...> wrote:

files all loaded into /tmp. File I edited is DMR_node_list.txt
made changes and then did ./dvswitch.sh DMR_node_list.txt

no changes to DVSM menu. Tried shutdown and rebooting of DVS and DVMS. No changes. Is there something else I should be entering?
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

sorry … misstated … I did (and have again) used "./dvswitch.sh collectProcessDataFiles" and then "./dvswitch.sh pushfile DMR_node_list.txt"
Also made changes to TGList_BM.txt

Still no changes to TalkGroup list either name or TG#.

--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Tried making a simple change to the description of entry #2 - LOCAL to LOCAL1 and my android device displayed message : "File Transfer: File Not Found"
Did same to P25 list with same result.

So .. progress but no cigar yet. Seems like I need to indicate some form of destination in the android device
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Could problem be MMDVM, DVS or DVSM release? dvswitch.sh seems to work fine with tune and mode.
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

Disconnect from any active TG

root@omv:/opt/Analog_Bridge# ./dvswitch.sh collectProcessDataFiles
Processing NXDN
Processing P25
Processing DMR
Processing YSF
Processing DStar
Processing ASL

Notice the response from dvswitch.sh

Now, edit /tmp/DMR_node_list.txt here is the first 12 entries:

4000|||Unlink
1|||LOCAL
2|||LOCAL/CLUSTER
8|||REGIONAL
9|||LOCAL OR REFLECTOR
91|||WORLD-WIDE
92|||EUROPE
93|||NORTH AMERICA
94|||ASIA MIDDLE EAST
95|||AUSTRALIA NEW ZELAND
202|||
204|||NEDERLAND

I edited:
8|||REGIONAL

To:
3112138|||N4IRS was here

Make sure you have DVSM running and watch the screen.
Now run:
./dvswitch.sh pushfile /tmp/DMR_node_list.txt

This will show on the screen

You will get this on the DVSM screen:

Now look at the /var/log/dvswitch/Analog_Bridge.log
I: 2019-12-14 21:10:09.632 Asked to return file name /tmp/DMR_node_list.txt
I: 2019-12-14 21:10:09.632 File found, begin transfer
I: 2019-12-14 21:10:10.793 File transer complete.  227 packets sent

Analog_Bridge pushes the file to DVSM via UDP, so it really does not know if the file arrived. DVSM DOES check the received file.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/19 3:02 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Could problem be MMDVM, DVS or DVSM release? dvswitch.sh seems to work fine with tune and mode.
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

followed process you described and still seeing "File Transfer: File Not Found"

Attached is Analog_Bridge.log

--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

On 12/14/19 5:43 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
followed process you described and still seeing "File Transfer: File Not Found"

Attached is Analog_Bridge.log

--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

I did note in log that edited file is recorded as   //tmp/DMR_node_list.txt with two //'s in the log file..
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

Paste that log entry.

On 12/14/19 5:46 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
I did note in log that edited file is recorded as   //tmp/DMR_node_list.txt with two //'s in the log file..
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

./dvswitch.sh pushfile /tmp/DMR_node_list.txt … same error message.
reason I didn't have /tmp entered is that I was running ./ command from /tmp already. I moved dvswitch.sh to /tmp

In event that dvswitch.sh had to be run from Analog_Bridge directory, I tried it there as well and still getting same
."File not Found" message.
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

log entry is in message 5600

I: 2019-12-14 22:34:22.978 USRP packet type: USRP_TYPE_TEXT (VE3NY) -> 3023284
I: 2019-12-14 22:35:49.424 Asked to return file name .//DMR_node_list.txt
I: 2019-12-14 22:35:49.424 File NOT found

--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

cd /opt/Analog_bridge