P25 Only Connecting to Some TG's


Tom Corcoran
 

I am able to qso on some P25 TG's - e.g. 10200, 10200 … but not others … e.g. 3023, 420, 28299. Any advice?? 
--
Tom VE3NY


Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

Have you compared your P25 Host file to https://github.com/g4klx/P25Clients/blob/master/P25Gateway/P25Hosts.txt  ?

If the TG (Reflector) is not in your P25Hosts.txt, you wont connect, on that TG selection.

On 20/12/19 4:02 am, Tom Corcoran wrote:
I am able to qso on some P25 TG's - e.g. 10200, 10200 … but not others … e.g. 3023, 420, 28299. Any advice?? 
--
Tom VE3NY


Steve N4IRS
 

Check you P25Host.ini file
You will find the pointer in P25Gateway.ini

Steve

On 12/19/2019 1:02 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
I am able to qso on some P25 TG's - e.g. 10200, 10200 … but not others … e.g. 3023, 420, 28299. Any advice?? 
--
Tom VE3NY


Tom Corcoran
 

Solved. I thought that if TG was in drop-down, it was also entered into the appropriate .ini files. Now that I know, I will inter others. tnx for speedy response Steve and Adrian.
--
Tom VE3NY


Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

Ok, on that, the fact you could connect 10200 meant that your hostfile path in ini was already correct, only the content could be the cause.

On 20/12/19 5:01 am, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Solved. I thought that if TG was in drop-down, it was also entered into the appropriate .ini files. Now that I know, I will inter others. tnx for speedy response Steve and Adrian.
--
Tom VE3NY


Tom Corcoran
 

Why do some TG's identify when a "connection" is made and others do not? Disconnect message works for all TG's.
--
Tom VE3NY


Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

You need to update P25Gateway to include the all TG voice file support by G4KLX. Before that only 10xxx TG's were announced.

On 20/12/19 11:20 am, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Why do some TG's identify when a "connection" is made and others do not? Disconnect message works for all TG's.
--
Tom VE3NY


Tom Corcoran
 

Is this a complex procedure?
--
Tom VE3NY


Steve N4IRS
 

Tom,
I suggest you wait for the next release of P25Gateway via apt. But the choice is yours.

Steve

On 12/19/19 10:20 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Is this a complex procedure?
--
Tom VE3NY


Tom Corcoran
 

good suggestion! In meantime, I’ll use my imagination regarding TG connect voice announcements. 
--
Tom VE3NY


Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>
 

It's easy enough to git clone and compile from the github path I gave before.

On 20/12/19 2:11 pm, Tom Corcoran wrote:
good suggestion! In meantime, I’ll use my imagination regarding TG connect voice announcements. 
--
Tom VE3NY