ASL to DSTAR and ircDDBGateway config

Ed W8VT

Have my analog_bridge working on several digital modes and now trying DSTAR. Can someone point me to documentation or explain some of the cryptic fields in /etc/ircDDBGateway? Which are the important ones to make this work with simple ASL-DSTAR bridge? This is just an ASL bridge setup, DVSM is not being used, that will be another project. What ports need forwarded? How is the best way to change reflectors using dvswitch.sh? For now to test I'm just putting one in the ircDDBGateway file.
Knew very little about DSTAR until started playing with this. It certainly is a little bit different.

Ed W8VT

Steve N4IRS

Ed,
I don't have a description of the fields, but here is a sample you can edit. Mostly call sign etc.
<http://dvswitch.org/files/HAM/ircddbgateway>

Steve N4IRS

On 12/22/19 6:22 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Have my analog_bridge working on several digital modes and now trying DSTAR. Can someone point me to documentation or explain some of the cryptic fields in /etc/ircDDBGateway? Which are the important ones to make this work with simple ASL-DSTAR bridge? This is just an ASL bridge setup, DVSM is not being used, that will be another project. What ports need forwarded? How is the best way to change reflectors using dvswitch.sh? For now to test I'm just putting one in the ircDDBGateway file.
Knew very little about DSTAR until started playing with this. It certainly is a little bit different.

Ed W8VT

Ed W8VT

Steve,
been doing some more playing. Have tried several different reflectors in the reflector1 field of ircDDBGateway. When I start ircDDBGateway I see a message from MB that is linking to whatever reflector I specified and also hear a voice announcement of this via iaxRPT. But next in MB I see DSTAR status set to unlinked. If I key PTT on iaxRPT, see my call and public IP in ircDDBGateway log.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ed W8VT

Steve N4IRS

No errors or warnings in ircddbgateway log?

On 12/22/2019 9:32 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Steve,
been doing some more playing. Have tried several different reflectors in the reflector1 field of ircDDBGateway. When I start ircDDBGateway I see a message from MB that is linking to whatever reflector I specified and also hear a voice announcement of this via iaxRPT. But next in MB I see DSTAR status set to unlinked. If I key PTT on iaxRPT, see my call and public IP in ircDDBGateway log.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ed W8VT

Ed W8VT

Steve,
I usually tail the log file and watch but stuff goes by pretty fast. Just looked through them and extracted the following:

M: 2019-12-22 19:17:51: Linking W8VT   B at startup to REF001E
E: 2019-12-22 19:17:51: Error returned from recv, err=104

M: 2019-12-22 21:34:18: Linking W8VT   B at startup to REF001C
E: 2019-12-22 21:34:18: Error returned from recv, err=104

Ed W8VT

Steve N4IRS

Ed,
If I had to guess, I would say DNS or connectivity issue. To troubleshoot take a look a the remotecontrold tool. Google should tun up the syntax. It's possible you are not quite ready to connect when the startup reflector is attempted to connect.

Steve

On 12/23/2019 11:29 AM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Steve,
I usually tail the log file and watch but stuff goes by pretty fast. Just looked through them and extracted the following:

M: 2019-12-22 19:17:51: Linking W8VT   B at startup to REF001E
E: 2019-12-22 19:17:51: Error returned from recv, err=104

M: 2019-12-22 21:34:18: Linking W8VT   B at startup to REF001C
E: 2019-12-22 21:34:18: Error returned from recv, err=104

Ed W8VT

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Can you list the ircddbgateway config file. Would be good to see if dplus is enabled ?

Your PF rules for D-Star usually include ;

  • UDP port 30001 (DExtra protocol)
  • UPD port 20001 (DPlus protocol)
  • UDP port 30051 (DCS protocol)

Also check /etc/resolv.conf for global nameserver entries, nameserver 8.8.8.8  etc for good dns resolve.