Topics

Soon we will have Uspr Client to use it in Windows?

EA5GVK Joaquin

We are close to you giving us the USRP Client.
How exciting.

Patrick Perdue

I'm certainly excited about this.

I've been using a SIP phone to connect to ASL, and thus, other modes from a Windows computer, with sub-optimal results. Also, I'm a totally blind screen reader user, and had some major problems with Zoiper, so I enabled and configured the SIP module and used something else.

It would be nice to talk directly to USRP from Windows. I assume this is how DVSwitch on Android works? I don't have an Android device, only iOS.

On 1/11/2020 10:54 AM, EA5GVK Joaquin wrote:
We are close to you giving us the USRP Client.
How exciting.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

The new USRP Client app is in Python and uses tkinter for its user interface.  I have never tried to use it with a screen reader, so I do not know how it will work.
I am excited to hear your results when it is released and hope to adjust any properties in the app to make it work better for the blind.
From my research, other have asked about tk and screen readers, and had not had good luck,, so this may be a significant development effort.

Mike N4IRR

Steve N4IRS

Soon is now.