Topics

Analog Bridge, Switching Modes Via Script and ASL

Ed W8VT

Got my bridge working fine on all modes now. Now trying to add some bells and whistles.
Have some scripts that I can call via ASL to change modes, set audio levels for that mode and announce over the ASL side the mode. Using dvswitch.sh mute TLV to prevent Allison on the digital side.
This works OK sometimes. Sometimes I get one way audio or a signal 15 exiting analog bridge. A AB restart fixes things. Doing a similar thing with KB8JNM's TG tune dial plan adding a TLV mute. Usually works OK but sometimes gets confused. Trying to use a wait or sleep to cover length of the audio file.
Is there a way to make the next command wait for the audio file from ASL to complete before running? Along the same lines think at times may be trying to execute a TG tune command before all the mode switching has completed. So in that case a wait until completed before starting next. Probably something using exit codes?
Little project has been fun and educational. Don't know much, but certainly more than when I started!
Any ideas or suggestions?

Ed W8VT