mmdbm_bridge segfault

davek

So trying to get dvswitch setup on a pi. Getting a seg fault immediately after running the mmdvm-bridge binary. Command line options make no difference. Any Ideas? Tried a fresh install with the factory ini. No change.

Steve N4IRS

Which Pi?
Which Binary?
Which OS?

Steve N4IRS

On 1/22/20 9:11 PM, davek wrote:
So trying to get dvswitch setup on a pi. Getting a seg fault immediately after running the mmdvm-bridge binary. Command line options make no difference. Any Ideas? Tried a fresh install with the factory ini. No change.

davek

Its a pi running one of the p25nx images. Trying to get it switched over. I believe its a pi3 but i am checking on that now. It is the /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge executable, the latest one on avail today via apt-get.

Steve N4IRS

hmm, OK, let me do some checking...

On 1/22/20 9:24 PM, davek wrote:
Its a pi running one of the p25nx images. Trying to get it switched over. I believe its a pi3 but i am checking on that now. It is the /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge executable, the latest one on avail today via apt-get.

Steve N4IRS

OK,
If you can show me the output of uname -a and cat /etc/debian_version that might help. I tested it on a Buster Lite image without errors. I'm burning a Stretch now.

Steve

On 1/22/20 9:24 PM, davek wrote:
Its a pi running one of the p25nx images. Trying to get it switched over. I believe its a pi3 but i am checking on that now. It is the /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge executable, the latest one on avail today via apt-get.

davek

Thanks for the timely response to this. So i am getting new information from my boots on the ground... its a raspberry pi ZERO. So im not even sure thats even supported hardware? relevant info below:

pi@p25nx-pi:~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
BogoMIPS : 997.08
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xb76
CPU revision : 7
Hardware : BCM2708
Revision : 920093
Serial : 00000000e8c67cda

at /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“8”
VERSION=“8 (jessie)”
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/”
SUPPORT_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums”
BUG_REPORT_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs”

Steve N4IRS

OK, That make sense. you need to replace the binary with this <https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/raw/master/bin/MMDVM_Bridge.armv6l>
You can rename it to MMDVM_Bridge.

Steve

On 1/22/20 9:52 PM, davek wrote:
[...]

Everything is working great. Thanks Steve!

Steve N4IRS

Sure, Happy to help.

Steve