change USRP and TLV gain with dvswitch.sh

Patrick Perdue

Is there a way to change the USRP and TLV gain on the fly with dvswitch.sh?

I normally have my USRP gain set to 0.34, and TLV gain set to 3.00, which works fine most of the time, but there is one net controller using a very hot DMR radio (GD77S) which clips out at that gain even when he backs off. I like having higher than unity gain, because it makes it easier for those using Allstar to hear the wider dynamic range of DMR users. If I change the gain to unity or 1.80, it's fine with this hot radio (1.80 is actually a little on the edge as well, but not as bad as 3.00,) but the only way I know of for doing this is changing it in the INI file and restarting A_B. I have never gotten satisfactory results with AGC.

Thanks and 73

KE4DYI

Steve N4IRS

Patrick,
dvswitch.sh will do what you want.

Example:
dvswitch.sh tlvAudio AUDIO_USE_GAIN 1.1
dvswitch.sh usrpAudio AUDIO_USE_GAIN .93

You will see the change reflected in the AB log and in the AB json file in /tmp
Assuming you are using port 12345, you will find a file in /tmp named:
ABInfo_12345.json
This contains all current setting in use by AB.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/23/20 11:43 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Is there a way to change the USRP and TLV gain on the fly with dvswitch.sh?

I normally have my USRP gain set to 0.34, and TLV gain set to 3.00, which works fine most of the time, but there is one net controller using a very hot DMR radio (GD77S) which clips out at that gain even when he backs off. I like having higher than unity gain, because it makes it easier for those using Allstar to hear the wider dynamic range of DMR users. If I change the gain to unity or 1.80, it's fine with this hot radio (1.80 is actually a little on the edge as well, but not as bad as 3.00,) but the only way I know of for doing this is changing it in the INI file and restarting A_B. I have never gotten satisfactory results with AGC.

Thanks and 73

KE4DYI

Patrick Perdue

Thanks Steve. This works as expected.