Topics

Time Slot separate networks?

Skyler Fennell

Home brew DMR repeater.

Is it possible to change the network based on time slot?

For example, I would like TS1 to be connected to my HBLINK server to host all of the local DMR repeaters, and TS2 to be connected to the brandmeister network for people to play with.

JJ Cummings

That’s all trivially done in your rules file, that is what defines what TG gots to what TS and to / from what system.

Sent from the iRoad

On Feb 19, 2020, at 13:54, Skyler Fennell <electricity440@...> wrote:

Home brew DMR repeater.

Is it possible to change the network based on time slot?

For example, I would like TS1 to be connected to my HBLINK server to host all of the local DMR repeaters, and TS2 to be connected to the brandmeister network for people to play with.

Kevin Halton

Put all of bm talkgroups on One slot and the repeater network on the other time slot in rules.py

On Feb 19, 2020, at 3:54 PM, Skyler Fennell <electricity440@...> wrote:

Home brew DMR repeater.

Is it possible to change the network based on time slot?

For example, I would like TS1 to be connected to my HBLINK server to host all of the local DMR repeaters, and TS2 to be connected to the brandmeister network for people to play with.

Andrew Lynch

Another way to do it is at the repeater level if you have the ability to use DMRGateway (i.e. on Pi-Star). I am doing this on my repeater and doing some TGRewrite rules to direct talkgroups to one network or another. That way if you had multiple repeaters, and one person wanted to key up a talkgroup, it wouldn't tie up the whole network of repeaters with that one talkgroup; it would be on one specific repeater.

If you are using a non-Pi-Star repeater (Moto, Hytera, etc) then the rules.py solution that has been mentioned would be the best route.

-Andy, KDØIOE

--
Andrew Lynch (KD0IOE)
lurch89@...