Topics

AMBE GPIO board #analog_bridge

HL5KY

Thank you for the great work of DVSwitch. I am trying to hook up my AMBE GPIO board which was made in Japan and similar to DV3000 GPIO board. It was working ok for AMBE server on RPI3B+ with the following setup:

          device port : /dev/ttyAMA0

          baudrate : 460800

It doesn't work for DVSwitch with the following setup(s) in Analog_Bridge.ini:

          device port : /dev/ttyAMA0

          baudrate : 460800   or   230400 (AMBEtest4.py showed this baudrate)

          serial : true

Interestingly, I get the different baudrate from the AMBEtest4.py on RPI3B+

Here is the result:

          Setting serial port

          Serial port parameters:

          Port name:      /dev/ttyAMA0

          Baudrate:       230400

          Byte size:      8

          Parity:         N

          Stop bits:      1

          Xon Xoff:       False

          RTS/CTS:        False

          DST/DTR:        False

          *********************

          Silent testing mode.....

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Reset DV3000

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Get Product ID

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Get Version

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Set DSTAR Mode

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Reset DV3000

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Set DMR Mode

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

          Error, no reply from DV3000.  Command issued was: Decode AMBE

          Error, decode AMBE to PCM return no results

          Error, AMBE header was corrupt

Questions:

1. Does DVSwitch only support USB serial device ?

2. If it supports GPIO serial, is there other way of setup for GPIO device on Analog_Bridge.ini ?

73,

Joe, HL5KY.

Steve N4IRS

Joe,
Analog_Bridge does support a Pi-Hat type of DV3000. Both Mike and a regularly run the NWDigital Pi-Hat DV3000. What parameter are you using to run AMBEtest4.py? It should be

AMBEtest4.py --error --verbose  -n --serial /dev/ttyAMA0

73, Steve N4IRS

On 2/27/20 1:26 AM, onetree9@... wrote:

[...]

Kevin Ku

2020년 2월 27일 (목) 19:54, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>님이 작성:

[...]

I didn't know about parameter very well for AMBEtest4.py. The result was without parameter. This time I tried with "AMBEtest4.py -e -v -n" and the baudrate was 460800 but it still doesn't seem to be properly working.

              Port name:      /dev/ttyAMA0

              Baudrate:       460800

              Byte size:      8

              Parity:         N

              Stop bits:      1

              Xon Xoff:       False

              RTS/CTS:        False

              DST/DTR:        False

              Testing Reset DV3000

              Error, AMBE header was corrupt

I found a thread which has something to do with the error message "AMBE header was corrupt" and I read KI7SBI solved his issue with a bigger power supply. I don't fully understand the main issue of his but I just tried with a couple of other big enough power supplies but no luck, meaning same return from AMBEtest4.py and the audio crashes on Dstar.

Any other suggestions?

p.s. When I set for a separate AMBE server with the proper address and port on Analog_Bridge.ini it works ok and the audio is very good.