Overdriven P25 audio

Heiko DL1BZ

I'm running "in production" a DMR<>P25 bridge long time. Beware, there are two ways (DMR>P25 and P25>DMR) you need to adjust.:
Here my settings:
analog_bridge DMR:
usrpAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
usrpGain = 1.0                           ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.6                           ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

analog_bridge P25:
usrpAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
usrpGain = 1.0                           ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN               ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 1.0                           ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

WIth this setup all is ok, the audio level are good and acceptable.

73 Heiko, DL1BZ

Steve N4IRS

No change. Remember there are 2 level settings:

usrpAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                 ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
usrpGain = 1.10                         ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
tlvAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

On 3/5/2020 11:04 AM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Was there a change from the default? Mine from default is .35 on both Analog_Bridge_DME.ini and P25.

Kevin N9OIG

Was there a change from the default? Mine from default is .35 on both Analog_Bridge_DME.ini and P25.

Bill N2WNS

Seems to have done it. Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

I would try turning down the audio coming out of the DMR Analog_Bridge in the [USRP] stanza:
usrpGain = 1.10 
Change it to 1/2
usrpGain = .60

retest.

On 3/3/20 6:10 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
Looking for the best audio settings for a DMR<->P25 implementation. It's being reported on the P25 side the audio sounds overdriven. DMR sounds fine. Settings are all defaulted.

Bill N2WNS

Looking for the best audio settings for a DMR<->P25 implementation. It's being reported on the P25 side the audio sounds overdriven. DMR sounds fine. Settings are all defaulted.