Average DMR VS YSF audio level

Skyler Fennell

I have DMR bridged directly to YSFN using HBLINK as a central server.

I have noticed that DMR audio for our little group of users tends to be significantly louder than YSFN audio.

Is the standard for YSFN supposed to equal the level of DMR, or are these levels different?

I only have one setting since I am only running one instance of analog bridge, so I am constantly fighting to get it to a good level that compromises DMR and YSFN.

Maybe it's just operator error that they don't know how to use a mic / gain setting properly.

w0sky

Dmr radios are usually  louder than C4fm Radios. Turn mic gain down on Dmr and up on C4fm.

I have tried this and it works Dmr MB to AB to AB to MB Ysf. You can alter the audio on one AB.

Skyler Fennell

Using two AB’s back to back, can you preserve radio ID/ callsign metadata?