preparing to edit DVSwitch.ini

kb3cs

i'm at the planning to edit DVSwitch.ini stage and while reviewing the prototype file, i observe the following:
; Configure the DMR Partner
; Audio format is AMBE 72 bit
[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1 ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 31100 ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 31103 ; Port to listen on (import)
Slot = 2 ; Export slot

; Configure the D-Star Partner
; Audio format is AMBE 48 bit (DSAMBE)
[DSTAR]
Address = 127.0.0.1 ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 32100 ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 32103 ; Port to listen on (import)
FallbackID = 1234567 ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
ExportTG = 9 ; Which TG to export
Slot = 2 ; Export slot
it does not seem right to me to have a TG number in the DSTAR stanza.
would someone kindly explain?
thanks!

- 67 (base 11) -

Steve N4IRS

ExportTG = 9 ; Which TG to export
Slot = 2 ; Export slot

too cute by .5

On 3/28/20 7:10 PM, kb3cs wrote:
[...]

eh?

yes, i'm not an idiot, thank you. i see the word "export" three times. is that like shipping peanuts to Thailand?!
that's an "export".

if it's not too much trouble, try being helpful.

kb3cs

right. so i'm wide awake at 5:30am local time and easy to irritate. that's my failing of the moment.

how about a nice yes/no question, then ..  the seeming incongruous DMR-type settings in the DSTAR "Partner" stanza means the DSTAR traffic leaving the partner acquires the specified Tags or Labels?    yes or no.