Talkgroup Announcement

Jeff Carrier

Does anyone know where the talkgroup announcement (i.e. "North America" or "World Wide") comes from?  Is that generated by Pi-star or by P25Reflector?  I've searched the board and didn't find any info.  Perhaps I didn't use the right search query(s)

Kyle Robinson <K4KTR@...>

P25 reflector

Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 9:41 AM -0400, "Jeff Carrier" <k0jsc.jeff@...> wrote:

Does anyone know where the talkgroup announcement (i.e. "North America" or "World Wide") comes from?  Is that generated by Pi-star or by P25Reflector?  I've searched the board and didn't find any info.  Perhaps I didn't use the right search query(s)

Steve N4IRS

It is generated by the P25Gateway.

On 4/9/2020 9:41 AM, Jeff Carrier wrote:
Does anyone know where the talkgroup announcement (i.e. "North America" or "World Wide") comes from?  Is that generated by Pi-star or by P25Reflector?  I've searched the board and didn't find any info.  Perhaps I didn't use the right search query(s)

Jeff Carrier

Thanks Steve,

So even with a standalone P25Reflector I'd need to run P25Gateway to get an announcement I'm assuming?

Steve N4IRS

I'm not sure I understand the question. P25Gateway announces to the user every time it connects or disconnects from a reflector. Do you mean my standalone, a non published reflector?

Steve N4IRS

On 4/9/2020 10:52 AM, Jeff Carrier wrote:
Thanks Steve,

So even with a standalone P25Reflector I'd need to run P25Gateway to get an announcement I'm assuming?

Jeff Carrier

Yes, I have one standalone non published reflector that only runs the reflector software.

We also have a reflector with the gateway software so that one should be easy as soon as I figure out how to configure the announcement.

Pete Fierro <overthetop52@...>

I ran audacity to make my announcements on my analog repeater& the audio codec is ULAW..Never did it for digital

Pete
KD2ARB

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 11:51, Jeff Carrier
<k0jsc.jeff@...> wrote:
Yes, I have one standalone non published reflector that only runs the reflector software.

We also have a reflector with the gateway software so that one should be easy as soon as I figure out how to configure the announcement.

Scott Evans

You must be using an old version of P25 clients because the current version uses number sequence to announce the talkgroup. The system that originally used the location announcement was P25NX. The reason for the change to the number sequence was to allow for the P25 reflectors that weren't covered by the previous type.

Lillian W.

Tagging off of this... Steve mentioned a while back that an updated version of P25_Gateway was in the works. Was that ever released? I'm still running the old version that doesn't allow voice announcements to be changed.

You must be using an old version of P25 clients because the current version uses number sequence to announce the talkgroup. The system that originally used the location announcement was P25NX. The reason for the change to the number sequence was to allow for the P25 reflectors that weren't covered by the previous type.

Steve N4IRS

The updated version of P25Gateway is in Github. Make sure you get the Audio subdirectory also. You can not change the voice messages in this one either. The difference is in the new version the announcement is the TG numbers only. No more "North America" The old version had the words built into the code and could be changed IF you had the tools. The first release Jonathan did had another phrase for disconnected, Mike and I submitted the change that produced "disconnected"

Steve N4IRS

On 4/9/20 5:54 PM, Lily W. wrote:
Tagging off of this... Steve mentioned a while back that an updated version of P25_Gateway was in the works. Was that ever released? I'm still running the old version that doesn't allow voice announcements to be changed.

You must be using an old version of P25 clients because the current version uses number sequence to announce the talkgroup. The system that originally used the location announcement was P25NX. The reason for the change to the number sequence was to allow for the P25 reflectors that weren't covered by the previous type.

Kevin N9OIG

Is this updated for quantar bridge also?

Steve N4IRS

There is only one P25Gateway