ASL <> DMR <> YSF inquiry? #mmdvm_bridge

andrew delgado

Hello!

how can i do this setup? ASL <> DMR <> YSF
what are the tools do i need?

i was able to setup ASL <> DMR now how can i add YSF reflector to have it ASL<>DMR <> YSF? what tools to i need?

Thanks!
Andrew

Asl<>AB<>MB<>Hblink3<>MB<>YSFReflector

andrew delgado

Edited

Hi Ernie!

Thanks for the inputs, where can i find sample config file or documentation about hblink connecting or bridging to YSF and DMR?

Thanks!
Andrew

Eric-K6KWB

Andrew,
You can create another instance of MB crossmode DMR to YSF looks like this:

BMTG<->MB<->YSFreflector   - point DMR to talk group of your choice and point YSF to IP or DNS ysfreflector.

73, Eric

lee kasen

How did you get the ASL<>DMR To work..

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, 14:00 andrew delgado via groups.io <andrew_12ph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello!

how can i do this setup? ASL <> DMR <> YSF
what are the tools do i need?

i was able to setup ASL <> DMR now how can i add YSF reflector to have it ASL<>DMR <> YSF? what tools to i need?

Thanks!
Andrew

Steve N4IRS

andrew delgado

Hi all,

i was able to work successfully the both experiments ASL <> AB <> MB <> DMR using the link provided by steve n4irs, and also the YSFReflector <> MB <> DMR..

i have the idea of having a new instance but im mixing the ports or do i really need hblink3 in between? im setting this up on a single debian box.

Regards,
Andrew

Steve N4IRS

Andrew,
I would suggest you wait a few days. We just updated to allow MB to bridge or connect to all like modes in a single instance of MB. We are putting a document in the next few days.
It will look something like this:

ASL <-> AB <-> MB <-> DMR
               | <--> YSF

(best I can do with ASCII graphics)

73, Steve N4IRS

On 4/20/20 7:40 PM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

i was able to work successfully the both experiments ASL <> AB <> MB <> DMR using the link provided by steve n4irs, and also the YSFReflector <> MB <> DMR..

i have the idea of having a new instance but im mixing the ports or do i really need hblink3 in between? im setting this up on a single debian box.

Regards,
Andrew

andrew delgado

wow thanks Steve, this is what i have in mind that i thought be working then i think that it will not work so i created a new instance but still no luck because of im mixing ports conflict :)

Thanks Steve looking forward to that kind of simple but rock setup!
Andrew
73!

Steve N4IRS

The one to one bridge was the first method we came up with. What always bothered us was the complexity of a one to many bridge. Mike came up with a elegant "simple" way of making that happen. It is pretty much limited to "like modes" in this case, DMR, YSFn and NXDN which are all AMBE. Everything we do is to add power to the "partners" As we have said over and over "With great power, comes some complexity" (with apologies to Stan lee)

Steve, N4IRS

On 4/20/20 8:04 PM, andrew delgado via groups.io wrote:
wow thanks Steve, this is what i have in mind that i thought be working then i think that it will not work so i created a new instance but still no luck because of im mixing ports conflict :)

Thanks Steve looking forward to that kind of simple but rock setup!
Andrew
73!

Eric-K6KWB

You dont need Hblink in between.

Here is the working sample config:
MB.ini
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=3103.repeater.net
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62033   >>>> make sure change this, it will interfere with your first MB instance if NOT change.
Password=passw0rd
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

[System Fusion Network]
Enable=1
LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LocalPort=0
GatewayAddress=ip or dns ysf reflector
GatewayPort=42000  >>>port YSFReflector

DVSwitch.ini

[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1
TXPort = 35103
RXPort = 35100
Slot = 2
[YSF]
Address = 127.0.0.1
TXPort = 35100
RXPort = 35103
FallbackID = your id
ExportTG = your TG
Slot = 2

Log in to BM self care and set the talk group.

73, Eric

andrew delgado

Thanks a lot Eric, i was able to setup this,  73!

Jon KM8V

Is it possible to do P25 with this one to many as well? Is there a solid example?

Thanks & 73 de KM8V

Steve N4IRS

A one to many configuration uses "like" modes. DMR, YSFn, NXDN are like modes since they are all AMBE. P25 and YSFw are like mode since they are both IMBE. D-Star stands alone. Any time you want to bridge to a different mode, you will need a transcoder,
We are working on example configs now.

Steve N4IRS