Topics

#mmdvm_bridge #mmdvm_bridge

john.brazel225@...

MMDVM Bridge running on raspberry pi3, i have allstar and echolink working, and connected to brandmeister with no problems and the bridge does exactly what it supposed to do and functions perfect, however, every Sunday night/Monday morning, it will not connect to anything. I have the pi set to reboot every night at midnight, and upon reboot, a macro will get my bridge connected back to an echolink conference...Ecxept for the wee hours of Monday morning and most of the day Monday. I have completely started over twice with fresh installs and keep coming up with the same issue. I'm just lost on this one. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
John
KK4GXP

JJ Cummings

Are you using an openbridge connection or are you connecting to BM as a PEER?  Based on what you say you are doing it as a PEER, which you should not be doing.  Please create an Openbridge and go that route.

JJC

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:42 PM <john.brazel225@...> wrote:
MMDVM Bridge running on raspberry pi3, i have allstar and echolink working, and connected to brandmeister with no problems and the bridge does exactly what it supposed to do and functions perfect, however, every Sunday night/Monday morning, it will not connect to anything. I have the pi set to reboot every night at midnight, and upon reboot, a macro will get my bridge connected back to an echolink conference...Ecxept for the wee hours of Monday morning and most of the day Monday. I have completely started over twice with fresh installs and keep coming up with the same issue. I'm just lost on this one. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
John
KK4GXP

john.brazel225@...

I'm not sure what openbridge is? I simply followed a guide online on how to set this up. But just to clarify, the BM side of things are working, it's just that my bridge node won't connect back to the echolink conference on a Sunday/Monday reboot.

Brad N8PC

that is echolink. suggestion change your time on sunday to like 2 am monday morning to reboot and that should alleviate your problem.  I run mine on a raspberry pi 4 and never rebooted unless I make a change in the system.