Topics

Analog_Bridge log files

I am running 2 instances of  Analog_Bridge and  MMDVM_Bridge on  a Debian9   VPS server installation.

They have their own log file  .

All log files are  are running OK  but  size of Analog_Bridge.log  and number  of files  for MMDVM_Bridge-2020-mm-dd.log  are getting out of hand .

Can   anyone tell me if there is  some logrotate files  avalable to put in /etc/logrotate.d  to  clean up these  log files.

Thanks  Richard VE2DJE

Steve N4IRS

Edited

For any of the auto rotated file, here is my first shot:
touch /var/log/mmdvm/MMDVM_Bridge.log

Add this to MMDVM_Bridge in /etc/logrotate.d

/var/log/mmdvm/MMDVM_Bridge.log
{
daily
rotate 30
maxage 30
dateext
dateformat -%Y-%m-%d
extension .log
ifempty
create

firstaction
today=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d")
filename="/var/log/mmdvm/MMDVM_Bridge-$today.log"
if [ -f "$filename" ]; then
mv /var/log/mmdvm/MMDVM_Bridge-$today.log /var/log/mmdvm/MMDVM_Bridge.log
fi
endscript

}

There are a number of other ways to do this but I like this one so far.
Mike and I will discuss "releasing the AB.log" (if it's even needed)

Steve N4IRS

On 4/23/2020 9:51 PM, Richard (Joseph) VE2DJE wrote:
I am running 2 instances of  Analog_Bridge and  MMDVM_Bridge on  a Debian9   VPS server installation.

They have their own log file  .

All log files are  are running OK  but  size of Analog_Bridge.log and number  of files  for MMDVM_Bridge-2020-mm-dd.log  are getting out of hand .

Can   anyone tell me if there is  some logrotate files  avalable to put in /etc/logrotate.d  to  clean up these  log files.

Thanks  Richard VE2DJE

sasha.jpr@...

Is there a way of making just one file with logs and autorotate it? Instead of adding date and month.
I want to send the logs to the cloud syslog server but it likes to have one file, instead of the folders.
Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

cat file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt > file4.txt

On 4/24/20 5:46 PM, sasha.jpr@... wrote:
Is there a way of making just one file with logs and autorotate it? Instead of adding date and month.
I want to send the logs to the cloud syslog server but it likes to have one file, instead of the folders.
Thanks!

sasha.jpr@...

It might be a bit tricky to automate this, need to append today's date and get a cron job for this...