Topics

#dmrlink Audio Quality Issues #dmrlink

Justin Grigg - KC2EQU

The analog connection from the repeater is a Repeater Builder RB-USB RIM to a Motorola CDM-750.

Thank you for the gain settings, I will take a look and see if it sounds better. The audio did seem like it was coming into the node a little "hot".

Thank you both for the speedy reply!

Justin

Steve N4IRS

As Mike sais, you may be hot from analog to digital. Take a look at you Analog_Bridge.ini

[USRP]
tlvAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Analog -> Digital (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor when tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN (0.0 to 5.0) (1.0 = AUDIO_UNITY)

Change tlvAudio to AUDIO_USE_GAIN
Change tlvGain to .5
Restart Analog_Bridge and retest.
Adjust tlvGain to taste.

Steve N4IRS

On 4/28/20 8:48 PM, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

I guess there is lots more to know.

In your tests, what is the input to your ASL node, through USB radio interface, Local mic in computer, a asl linked station etc...

In the rough, it sounds like your ASL audio is hot.  Just because it sounds good on asl output does not mean it is correct on the input side.

So before you adjust anything, verify that part or you will be chasing your tail later.

On 4/28/2020 8:23 PM, jgrigg@... wrote:
Greetings Everyone!
I have a DVSwitch instance spun up and running and am having some audio issues.

DMR > Analog: Sounds Great
Analog > Allstar Node: Sounds Great
Analog > Allstar to >> DMR sounds really bad.

The people could hear me but had a really hard time understanding what I was saying. Are there some settings changes I can make to help with this?

Thank you in advance!

Justin

ve6gcd@...

Hi Justin,

What kind of audio fob are you using?

I am also having similar issues. However, I suspect there's something wrong with the audio fob I am using. This is because the audio of my IAX connection via DVSwitch mobile has excellent C4FM/DMR audio output.

Geoffrey VE6GCD

Mike KB8JNM