Conference Bridge

Jay

I know that there are those who have done this already.

I began this quest 2+ years ago to build a server that could "conference" together AllStar, DMR, YSF, P25, NXDN and D-Star users.  I wanted to create this to understand how to do it.  I began to go down the road of hb_confbridge and did not have great success and got sidetracked.  I got DMR and YSF working then ran out of gas.

I am back on that mission and again, I know others have done it, but what is the best route to go to accomplish to goal.  I need to start back at square one.  Can I get a suggestion or even a Block Diagram of how to get started.  Things like "Do I use Gateway, Reflectors or both and what do they connect to?  I have a decent knowledge of Linux and have been doing Ham Radio Digital since the advent of D-Star and MMDVM.

Is there documentation somewhere or someone who has a picture of what theirs looks like.  Any assistance appreciated.  Happy to take this off of the discussion here, if needed.

Thanks

jb  N4NQY

--

jb   N4NQY

JJ Cummings

Here is a thing I finally put up...

On Apr 29, 2020, at 15:15, Jay <jay.n4nqy@...> wrote:

[...]

Super, Thanks.  So I do  need both the gateway and reflector for each mode.  One question, i assume you used a separate psuedo node for each mode.  That makes some sense to me.

Back when I started this i was not seeing AllStar as a Hub.  I kept trying to make hb_confbridge work and running into problems.  I need to get more familiar now with the conf file in Allstar.  I have an AllStar node running but it is vanilla and installed by the cookbook.  Shouldn't take much to add a single mode (??).  there is some documentation on getting DMR working, but I may tackle YSF or P25 first.  They are a little less complicated.

Thanks for the link.  That should present me with a project for the next week or two.
--

jb   N4NQY

JJ Cummings

C4FM didn’t need both - just the reflector, and yes we use Allstar as a hub to allow for more granular control of the modes (it’s easy to disconnect/connect a node) etc...

Sent from the iRoad

On Apr 29, 2020, at 20:21, Jay <jay.n4nqy@...> wrote:

Super, Thanks.  So I do  need both the gateway and reflector for each mode.  One question, i assume you used a separate psuedo node for each mode.  That makes some sense to me.

Back when I started this i was not seeing AllStar as a Hub.  I kept trying to make hb_confbridge work and running into problems.  I need to get more familiar now with the conf file in Allstar.  I have an AllStar node running but it is vanilla and installed by the cookbook.  Shouldn't take much to add a single mode (??).  there is some documentation on getting DMR working, but I may tackle YSF or P25 first.  They are a little less complicated.

Thanks for the link.  That should present me with a project for the next week or two.
--

jb   N4NQY

Dexter Harroo

Hi JJ
I'm attempting something similar to what you did and have a question or two.
1. When connected through echolink for instance, will the transmission be received on all the ASL nodes and broadcast to the various digital modes?
2. Is each instance of mmdvm_Bridge Analog_Bridge and DVswitch running on the same machine?
3. What is the process used to connect to the system with DVSM?
4. Do you have setup details that you can share?

--
Humble Regards
Dexter Harroo