Topics

Bluetooth PTT Button

David - W9DWH

I have a 2013 Ford Edge with the SYNC 2 entertainment system.  On Zello I can use the Play/Pause button, on the steering wheel, as my PTT when connected to bluetooth audio.  Setting it up on Zello was easy. All I had to was just press the button I wanted to use as my PTT and it saved it.  It's a little more difficult on DVSwitch.  It wants a numeric code for the PTT.  I have searched for documentation that would tell me which bluetooth buttons sends which numeric codes or an app that would sniff out the numeric codes when the buttons are pressed. I haven't had any luck on either count. Does anyone have ideas how I can find the numeric code, for my steering wheel play/pause button, so that I can use DVSwitch hands free?

Steve N4IRS

David,
I have used Button Mapper to determine what code a button sends. <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.homebutton>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 5/1/2020 1:18 PM, David - W9DWH/4 via groups.io wrote:
I have a 2013 Ford Edge with the SYNC 2 entertainment system.  On Zello I can use the Play/Pause button, on the steering wheel, as my PTT when connected to bluetooth audio.  Setting it up on Zello was easy. All I had to was just press the button I wanted to use as my PTT and it saved it.  It's a little more difficult on DVSwitch.  It wants a numeric code for the PTT.  I have searched for documentation that would tell me which bluetooth buttons sends which numeric codes or an app that would sniff out the numeric codes when the buttons are pressed. I haven't had any luck on either count. Does anyone have ideas how I can find the numeric code, for my steering wheel play/pause button, so that I can use DVSwitch hands free?

David - W9DWH

Thanks.