Topics

Possible Loop in QSO DMR and MMDVM_Bridge or Analog_Bridge malfunction.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Possible Loop in Qso TG 21461 in BrandMeister, we were three friends, EA7JCL Jose antonio, EA1HWR Rafa and me EA5GVK, and in a moment the Dvswitch of the friend EA1HWR has started to broadcast all the traffic of qso 21461, generating a loop, and happening to the friend EA1HWR, which did not hear any traffic on your DVSwitch, leaving no traffic passing from the MMDVM_Bridge to the Analog_Bridge, although if EA1HWR, transmitted if your audio was perfect. So after the loop your dvswtich, the Analog_Bridge, does not receive data from the MMDVM_Bridge, but if you speak through the dvswitch, the Analog_Bridge transmits the traffic to the MMDVM_Bridge.

This situation also happened several days ago, being banned in prevention by the BM Network.
Here I show you the LOGs of the Analog_Bridge and the MMDVM_Bridge, from my friend Rafa EA1HWR, who has this bug.

In the Analog_Bridge log file, on line 108, there is a suspicious situation
I: 2020-05-05 16:15:09.131 USRP packet type: USRP_TYPE_TEXT ({"call": "EA5GVK", "name":""}) -> 2145016

I hope I've given you enough details to be able to solve this problem.
Thank you.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Here I show you a fragment of the Brandmeister log of the loop verification, which coincides with the hours indicated by the Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge logs.

May  5 16:15:14 radio-dmr Master 2141[34719]: Duplicate session by ID 2145016 of MMDVM Host system 2141429 at slot 0

Steve N4IRS

Joaquin,
We are working through this and one of the things that MAY be a issue is if there is another copy of Analog_Bridge running on the same machine. I think it may be a second copy of Analog_bridge also serving a DVSM user. Could this be the case?

Steve N4IRS

On 5/5/20 2:31 PM, EA5GVK Joaquin wrote:
Possible Loop in Qso TG 21461 in BrandMeister, we were three friends, EA7JCL Jose antonio, EA1HWR Rafa and me EA5GVK, and in a moment the Dvswitch of the friend EA1HWR has started to broadcast all the traffic of qso 21461, generating a loop, and happening to the friend EA1HWR, which did not hear any traffic on your DVSwitch, leaving no traffic passing from the MMDVM_Bridge to the Analog_Bridge, although if EA1HWR, transmitted if your audio was perfect. So after the loop your dvswtich, the Analog_Bridge, does not receive data from the MMDVM_Bridge, but if you speak through the dvswitch, the Analog_Bridge transmits the traffic to the MMDVM_Bridge.

This situation also happened several days ago, being banned in prevention by the BM Network.
Here I show you the LOGs of the Analog_Bridge and the MMDVM_Bridge, from my friend Rafa EA1HWR, who has this bug.

I: 2020-05-05 16:15:09.131 USRP packet type: USRP_TYPE_TEXT ({"call": "EA5GVK", "name":""}) -> 2145016

Thank you.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Hi, Steve. Good morning.
I was running on a Pi3 was only running one instance of Analog_bridge, MMDVM_Bridge and EMU-380. One user.
Also it usually happens in a regular way, I have also seen that looping not only in BM but also in HBLINK.
Thank you very much for your help Steve. Any help you can report, we are all interested in solving this problem.

El vie., 8 may. 2020 a las 0:46, Steve N4IRS (<szingman@...>) escribió:
Joaquin,
We are working through this and one of the things that MAY be a issue is if there is another copy of Analog_Bridge running on the same machine. I think it may be a second copy of Analog_bridge also serving a DVSM user. Could this be the case?

Steve N4IRS

On 5/5/20 2:31 PM, EA5GVK Joaquin wrote:

Thank you.

Steve N4IRS

I have uploaded AB binary for armhf and a new copy of dvswitch.sh
Please test and report.

Steve N4IRS

Paul on6dp

And dvswitch for VPS  (amd64)   ?

De : main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> De la part de Steve N4IRS
Envoyé : dimanche 18:27
À : main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Objet : Re: [DVSwitch] Possible Loop in QSO DMR and MMDVM_Bridge or Analog_Bridge malfunction.

Please test and report.

Steve N4IRS

Steve N4IRS

Testing on armhf. Once we are happy I'll build for other platforms.

On 5/10/20 1:15 PM, Paul on6dp wrote:

And dvswitch for VPS  (amd64)   ?

De : main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> De la part de Steve N4IRS
Envoyé : dimanche 18:27
À : main@DVSwitch.groups.io
Objet : Re: [DVSwitch] Possible Loop in QSO DMR and MMDVM_Bridge or Analog_Bridge malfunction.

Please test and report.

Steve N4IRS

EA5GVK Joaquin

Ok, Thx Steve.
We're testing it, and I'll let you know if we find the same problem.
We have updated the binary Analog_Bridge, MMDVM_Bridge for armhf and the new Dvswitch.sh.
For now it's working and testing. I'm reporting results.
Thank you very much. Steve.

EA5GVK Joaquin

So far, so good.
We installed the new binary revision dated yesterday this morning.
I'm reporting the results to you, Steve.
Greetings and thank you for your attention.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Good afternoon, Steve.
I report again the same problem of LOOP of my friend EA1HWR, I have attached the logs of the new Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge, armhf, as well as the log provided by BM Spain. For you to see also the server the problem that generates the loop.
Steve can be seen at 19:23 in the BM log which coincides with 17:23 utc in the analog_bridge and MMDVM_Bridge log.
Any more information will be reported to you.

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Joaquin,
Just out of curiosity, does EA5GVK possibly hav a couple of hotspots on the same frequency that have that Talkgroup set on them? There has been some problems with people having multiple hotspots and they tend to loop back on themselves on a talk group. So I was just curious. :)

Jeff

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: N8ACL@...
Hamshack Hotline: 4218

On May 14, 2020, at 2:37 PM, EA5GVK Joaquin <ea5gvk@...> wrote:

Good afternoon, Steve.
I report again the same problem of LOOP of my friend EA1HWR, I have attached the logs of the new Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge, armhf, as well as the log provided by BM Spain. For you to see also the server the problem that generates the loop.
Steve can be seen at 19:23 in the BM log which coincides with 17:23 utc in the analog_bridge and MMDVM_Bridge log.
Any more information will be reported to you. <Analog_Bridge.log><Log BM EA1HWR LOOP.txt><MMDVM_Bridge-10-2020-05-14.log>

EA5GVK Joaquin

Hi, Jeff. Not just a single dvswitch user. One Analog_Bridge , MMDVM_Bridge, md380-emu, on a raspberry pi with debian 10 buster.

El jue., 14 may. 2020 a las 20:42, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io (<n8acl=icloud.com@groups.io>) escribió:
Joaquin,
Just out of curiosity, does EA5GVK possibly hav a couple of hotspots on the same frequency that have that Talkgroup set on them? There has been some problems with people having multiple hotspots and they tend to loop back on themselves on a talk group. So I was just curious. :)

Jeff

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Good afternoon, Steve.
Any more information will be reported to you. <Analog_Bridge.log><Log BM EA1HWR LOOP.txt><MMDVM_Bridge-10-2020-05-14.log>

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

OK. Good Luck. I can’t help more than that. I was just curious.

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

On May 14, 2020, at 2:45 PM, EA5GVK Joaquin <ea5gvk@...> wrote:

Hi, Jeff. Not just a single dvswitch user. One Analog_Bridge , MMDVM_Bridge, md380-emu, on a raspberry pi with debian 10 buster.

El jue., 14 may. 2020 a las 20:42, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io (<n8acl=icloud.com@groups.io>) escribió:
Joaquin,

Jeff

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Good afternoon, Steve.
Any more information will be reported to you. <Analog_Bridge.log><Log BM EA1HWR LOOP.txt><MMDVM_Bridge-10-2020-05-14.log>

EA5GVK Joaquin

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL wrote:
OK. Good Luck. I can’t help more than that. I was just curious.
Thank you, Jeff. Take it easy.
We have Steve who is helping us a lot, so the Dvswitch application is phenomenal.
Greetings.

EA5GVK Joaquin

Steve, good afternoon.
We just updated analog_bridge binaries, mmdvm_bridge, also dvswitch.sh and dvswitch.ini and so far so good, we've been almost two days without problems so far.
I will report you any bugs.
Thank you very much for your dedication Steve. Great inspirer of digital radio. A hug.