Dashboard Installation php error on installation of 5 or 7


John K1IF
 

I'm trying to install the Dashboard and using the set-by-step instructions and get to step 5 where php must be installed but keep receiving the following errors when I try to install 5 or 7:

Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package php5-cgi is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package php5-common is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5-common' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5-cgi' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate

same thing if I try installing 7


Steve N4IRS
 

What OS version are you trying to install on?

On 5/27/2020 9:45 AM, John K1IF via groups.io wrote:
I'm trying to install the Dashboard and using the set-by-step instructions and get to step 5 where php must be installed but keep receiving the following errors when I try to install 5 or 7:

Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package php5-cgi is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package php5-common is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5-common' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5-cgi' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate

same thing if I try installing 7



John K1IF
 

buster light


Steve N4IRS
 

# Install the dashboard
#


apt-get install lighttpd -y

apt-get install php7.3-cgi -y

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html
chmod -R 775 /var/www/html

lighty-enable-mod fastcgi
lighty-enable-mod fastcgi-php

FILE=/var/www/html/index.lighttpd.html
if test -f "$FILE"; then
    mv /var/www/html/index.lighttpd.html /var/www/html/index.lighttpd.html.old
fi

systemctl restart lighttpd


On 5/27/2020 10:37 AM, John K1IF via groups.io wrote:
buster light


John K1IF
 

Ok the dashboard finally came up after a long wait. My Nextion screen is no longer connecting though.


Steve N4IRS
 

There is no connection between the two. The dashboard scrapes the log file.

On 5/27/2020 11:41 AM, John K1IF via groups.io wrote:
Ok the dashboard finally came up after a long wait. My Nextion screen is no longer connecting though.


John K1IF
 

yep you're correct... , its a problem with Nextion not connecting after a reboot. When I burn a saved img it loads but when I reboot or shutdown and turn back on it doesn't load. I gotta work on that but the dashboard does load.


Tom Corcoran
 

Steve,
I am using Buster. My dashboard shows current tx only and no LH list. Is there a different install process?
--
Tom VE3NY


Steve N4IRS
 

The dashboard is a work in progress. It is on my ever expanding like of things to work on. It's a nice to have but not a priority. Same goes for a local display like Nextion.

Steve N4IRS

On 5/28/2020 7:16 AM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Steve,
I am using Buster. My dashboard shows current tx only and no LH list. Is there a different install process?
--
Tom VE3NY


Tom Corcoran
 

NP. Just wondered if there was a different approach if using buster. Lots of other features that your team has developed to be explored - ad hoc menus for one, also like features of pyUC dashboard. 
--
Tom VE3NY