Analog Bridge Binds to the same port

Matthew 2E0SIP

Hi All,

I am attempting to use a modified version of AMBESever in order to use a DVMega AMBE 3000 board that's not supported by Analog_Bridge (Github Issue).

However, Analog_Bridge binds to the rxPort itself, so it won't start if AMBEServer is running on the same host.

[DV3000]
address = 127.0.0.1                ; IP address of AMBEServer
rxPort = 2461                      ; Port of AMBEServer

In a future version of Analog Bridge would it be possible to define a local port, or bind to a random port? I appreciate this is an unusual use case.

Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

Matt,
Are you running the most current version from github? What architecture are you running on?

73, Steve N4IRS

On 6/1/20 5:22 AM, Matthew 2E0SIP wrote:

Hi All,

I am attempting to use a modified version of AMBESever in order to use a DVMega AMBE 3000 board that's not supported by Analog_Bridge (Github Issue).

However, Analog_Bridge binds to the rxPort itself, so it won't start if AMBEServer is running on the same host.

[DV3000]
address = 127.0.0.1                ; IP address of AMBEServer
rxPort = 2461                      ; Port of AMBEServer

In a future version of Analog Bridge would it be possible to define a local port, or bind to a random port? I appreciate this is an unusual use case.

Thanks!

Matthew 2E0SIP

Architecture is armhf

I'm using the latest version from the repo. Should I be pulling from Github?

Thanks

Steve N4IRS

Yes, grab the latest from github and re-test

On 6/1/2020 8:35 AM, Matthew 2E0SIP wrote:
Architecture is armhf

I'm using the latest version from the repo. Should I be pulling from Github?

Thanks

Matthew 2E0SIP

Hi Steve,

I pulled the latest and had the same issue. If I start AMBEServer and it binds to 2460, then start Analog_Bridge, AB tries to bind to the same port and can't.

Thanks

Steve N4IRS

You are correct. The change that was made recently had to do with the emulator. Mike is looking at making the same type of change for AMBE_Server. I'll keep you informed.

Steve

On 6/1/2020 9:23 AM, Matthew 2E0SIP wrote:

Hi Steve,

I pulled the latest and had the same issue. If I start AMBEServer and it binds to 2460, then start Analog_Bridge, AB tries to bind to the same port and can't.

Thanks

Matthew 2E0SIP

Cheers Steve. In the short term I've shifted AMBEServer to another Pi. In the medium term I might experiment with running it in Docker, but I'm not an expert on that front.

If you are running the ambeserver on the same device.

address = 127.0.0.1                   ; IP address of AMBEServer
rxPort = 2460                         ; Port of AMBEServer
address = /dev/ttyUSB0              ; Device of DV3000U on this machine
baud = 460800                       ; Baud rate of the dongle (230400 or 460800)
serial = false                       ; Use serial=true for direct connect or serial=false for AMBEServer
I found that I needed the bottom three lines as well.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

I have addressed the issue.  We will need to test in-house for a while to make sure it is solid (more changes than a simple listener).  Steve will release when it is solid

Matthew 2E0SIP

Awesome, thanks all!