Topics

radioid.net URL update in dvswitch.sh


Jeffrey [K8JTK]
 

Monday noticed a couple issues on my system, D-STAR wasn't passing audio both ways and other mode dashboards were not populating the call signs (had the numeric DMR ID).

Running the update manually:
./dvswitch.sh update
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 10
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 10
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 10
Error, DMR ID file does not seem to be valid

Not sure why my subscriber_ids.csv was empty if the download failed.  A manual curl to one of the urls in the "downloadDatabases" function presented me with a 302 document moved.

I saw on radioid.net they were changing their API location on July 1.

!! if you use the API or Data Dumps in scripts, modify your scripts before JULY 1st. New server for data: https://database.radioid.net !!

Maybe they meant June 1.  The 302 was pointing at the new API location.  I changed the download location for all 3 calls
from: www.radioid.net
to: database.radioid.net
Ran the update manually and all was well.

A pull of the DVSwitch-System-Builder has the old URL.  If an update is already available, it has the old url in that repo.


Giannis Giannakosian - SV4FFB
 

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 07:35 AM, Jeffrey [K8JTK] wrote:
A pull of the DVSwitch-System-Builder has the old URL.  If an update is already available, it has the old url in that repo.
Hi Jeffrey

I have the same problem with the database.
Is it possible to upload the changes you made so that I can update the database manual until an update comes out?


Jeffrey [K8JTK]
 

Edit dvswitch.sh changing
from: www.radioid.net
to: database.radioid.net
After changing, run the script manually to immediately update the subscribers file or wait until it runs automatically.


Mike, AA9VI
 

I just found this and I need an ID update.  How do I manually update the  subscriber_ids.csv ID list?  Where is dvswitch.sh?  I tried to invoke the command but it does not know where it is.  Can someone send the full path?

Also, if you go into MMDVM_Bridge.ini it looks for 
/var/log/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat

So, that's different than this .csv file mentioned above.  All I want is an updated Id lookup file.  What is the proper procedure for updating that, and where does it ultimately reside?

Thanks,
Mike, AA9VI


Steve N4IRS
 

/var/lib/dvswitch/subscriber_ids.csv

/var/lib/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat

dvswitch.sh is in /opt/Analog_Bridge

/opt/Analog_bridge/dvswitch update will update all the host and ID files.

Current version of dvswitch.sh is at <https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/raw/master/dvswitch.sh>

Note: With the next release, dvswitch.sh will be moving to /opt/MMDVM_Bridge

Steve N4IRS



On 7/25/20 4:53 PM, Mike, AA9VI via groups.io wrote:
I just found this and I need an ID update.  How do I manually update the  subscriber_ids.csv ID list?  Where is dvswitch.sh?  I tried to invoke the command but it does not know where it is.  Can someone send the full path?

Also, if you go into MMDVM_Bridge.ini it looks for 
/var/log/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat

So, that's different than this .csv file mentioned above.  All I want is an updated Id lookup file.  What is the proper procedure for updating that, and where does it ultimately reside?

Thanks,
Mike, AA9VI


Mike, AA9VI
 

Thanks!


Mike, AA9VI
 

root@allstar:/opt/Analog_Bridge# ./dvswitch.sh update
./dvswitch.sh: line 701: jq: command not found
./dvswitch.sh: line 702: jq: command not found
Error, DMR ID file does not seem to be valid


Ideas?


Steve N4IRS
 

I suggest you replace dvswitch.sh with the link I posted.

On 7/25/20 7:30 PM, Mike, AA9VI via groups.io wrote:
root@allstar:/opt/Analog_Bridge# ./dvswitch.sh update
./dvswitch.sh: line 701: jq: command not found
./dvswitch.sh: line 702: jq: command not found
Error, DMR ID file does not seem to be valid


Ideas?


Mike, AA9VI
 

cd /opt/Analog_Bridge
rm dvswitch.sh
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/master/dvswitch.sh
./dvswitch.sh update

works.

So, the debian installer just needs an update.
Mike, AA9VI


Steve N4IRS
 

Yes, I am building all new apt packages and ....

On 7/25/20 7:33 PM, Mike, AA9VI via groups.io wrote:
cd /opt/Analog_Bridge
rm dvswitch.sh
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/master/dvswitch.sh
./dvswitch.sh update

works.

So, the debian installer just needs an update.
Mike, AA9VI


k7wby@...
 

don't forget to chmod +x dvswitch.sh


k7wby@...
 

The complete version of how to update  dvwitch.sh with the correct urls to the RadioID.net database.

cd /opt/Analog_Bridge
ls -al (look for dvswitch.sh, if its not there then look in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge. If it's in MMDVM_Bridge then stop, you have the latest version.)
cp dvswitch.sh dvswitch.old (humor me and make a quick backup just for fun)
rm dvswitch.sh (delete the original version)
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/raw/master/dvswitch.sh
chmod +x dvswitch.sh (make it executable)
./dvswitch.sh update (if this runs and does not produce any errors then you're golden. if you get errors, then start at the beginning and try again.)

if all goes according to plan then
rm dvswitch.old 


Steve N4IRS
 

FYI, this is the current version:
root@DVSwitch-Server:~# /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh -v
dvswitch.sh version 1.5.9


On 10/20/20 5:05 PM, k7wby@... wrote:
The complete version of how to update  dvwitch.sh with the correct urls to the RadioID.net database.

cd /opt/Analog_Bridge
ls -al (look for dvswitch.sh, if its not there then look in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge. If it's in MMDVM_Bridge then stop, you have the latest version.)
cp dvswitch.sh dvswitch.old (humor me and make a quick backup just for fun)
rm dvswitch.sh (delete the original version)
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/raw/master/dvswitch.sh
chmod +x dvswitch.sh (make it executable)
./dvswitch.sh update (if this runs and does not produce any errors then you're golden. if you get errors, then start at the beginning and try again.)

if all goes according to plan then
rm dvswitch.old