Analog_Bridge gain

I had the same issue I went to positive 10 or 15 with another station listening and that seemed right to us. Your milage could vary. Acg gain for to ASL. Set the other to use acg.

Unity means no adjustment I believe.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018, 1:47 PM Dennis Ramos <m0tfg@...> wrote:
hello guys, i just wonder if you can help me to increase my dmr audio going to allstarlink. it is a little bit low.

my existing setting are this; default

[USRP]
server = 127.0.0.1                      ; IP address of Allstar/Asterisk
toASLPort = 32001                       ; Analog_Bridge <-- ASL
fromASLPort = 34001                     ; Analog_Bridge --> ASL
aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
agcGain = -20                           ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

actually i would like to understand those unity, use agc and use gain setting, and the gain levels in db. what are those for.

many thanks in advance

de dennis/m0tfg

mark rosenberg

hey Dennis...use your dmr radio to connect to my ASL - DMR bridge so I can hear your audio DMR on my Allstar node...or I guess you can connect your Allstar node and use you bridge to talk to your node while you are connected to me.  My bridge TG is 42555.

Mark

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Dennis Ramos <m0tfg@...> wrote:
hello guys, i just wonder if you can help me to increase my dmr audio going to allstarlink. it is a little bit low.

[USRP]
aslAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

actually i would like to understand those unity, use agc and use gain setting, and the gain levels in db. what are those for.

many thanks in advance

de dennis/m0tfg

Dennis Ramos

[USRP]

many thanks in advance

de dennis/m0tfg

JJ Cummings

Well I haven’t made them yet, I was going to properly integrate the reading of the [DEFAULT] section in HB_Bridge today.  Incidentally I’m using AUDIO_USE_AGC for DMR -> ASL and it’s working well...

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 11, 2017, at 07:28, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

You can go ahead with the pull request. At least we can see your proposed change.

Steve

On 12/11/2017 9:21 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
Acknowledge all, should I hold off on any pull requests with the pending updates?

Sent from the iRoad

On Dec 11, 2017, at 07:06, Mike Zingman - N4IRR <mike.zingman@...> wrote:

I see the issue.  The ini file would lead you to use the wrong name for the setting property.  Use AUDIO_USE_GAIN rather than 
AUDIO_GAIN . I have updated the sample ini file, but it has not been rolled out yet.

Steve N4IRS

You can go ahead with the pull request. At least we can see your proposed change.

Steve

On 12/11/2017 9:21 AM, JJ Cummings wrote:
Acknowledge all, should I hold off on any pull requests with the pending updates?

Sent from the iRoad

I see the issue.  The ini file would lead you to use the wrong name for the setting property.  Use AUDIO_USE_GAIN rather than 
AUDIO_GAIN . I have updated the sample ini file, but it has not been rolled out yet.

JJ Cummings

Sent from the iRoad

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

I also see that the DMR->ASL AUDIO_USE_GAIN was fixed at 2.0.  This has now been updated as well.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

JJ Cummings

Some quick questions regarding analog bridge and gain (types)/values.   I have the Analog_Bridge up and running well and have been able to configure the AGC value to facilitate pretty decent levels from DMR -> Analog.  On the Analog -> DMR side of things however I have been unable to see any real change in audio level (it's presently too high from Analog) by adjusting the following values.  I'm curious what dmrAudio value is the best and then the dmrGain value 0 to 1 does not seem to make a difference?  

dmrAudio = AUDIO_UNITY ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.35 ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)

Is there a place that I can read about the different dmrAudio values to understand what their differences/benefits etc are?

JJC
N0PKT