Cloud hosting

Steve N4IRS

For $10 a year, I did not really need a reason ;)

Steve

On 9/11/2020 3:04 PM, Jim - K6JM via groups.io wrote:
Russell,

Thanks for pointing out scrolling offers more options at virmach.com and yes, the server Steve documented is still available for the discounted price he paid:

At virmach.com, select VPS -> Affordable Linux VPS ->Scroll right to Micro+ ->Buy Now

A popup explains Micro+ is no longer available, but you can get a similar package SSD256. Click Continue and follow Steve's recommended selections. You end up with SSD256:

* 256MB memory
* 500GB bandwidth
* 10GB disk

at their Chicago datacenter for $12.50/year with a 1st year $2.50 discount.

For fun, I got the above configuration. I do not have any DVSwitch projects yet, so as an experiment I configured a LEMP (Linux, nginx, MySQL, PHP) server with WordPress. While DV servers work fine using the IP address, web servers are better with a domain name, so I got a free one from FreeNom. It all works for $10 for the 1st year:

https://www.k6jm.tk/wp/

Jim - K6JM

Jim - K6JM

[...]

Jim did you scroll to the right and see the Micro+ Plan?
$2.25 is the Value+ plan.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:08 PM Jim - K6JM via groups.io <jmm=k6jm.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sadly, the original US $12.50/year ($2.50 discount first year), does not appear to be available anymore.  I was able to get the one you got, but today, when choosing Billing Cycle, the options are now $2.25 USD Monthly, $6.25 USD Quarterly, $22.50 USD Annually.  It appears their promotion worked, since 6 of their 11 data centers are sold out of this product and the other 5 are listed as Low Stock.

    Jim – K6JM