Topics

analog-DMR bridge DMR-MARC connection #analog_bridge

Tom

Can a DMR-allstar bridge connect to a DMR-MARC cbridge? I've been seeing only Brandmeister connection info.
Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA

Steve N4IRS

Tom,
The connection to a c-Bridge would be through IPSC_Bridge rather then MMDVM_Bridge.
It would look like this for ASL:
ASL <-> Analog_Bridge <-> IPSC_Bridge <-> c-Bridge.

Steve N4IRS

On 6/30/20 8:31 PM, Tom wrote:
Can a DMR-allstar bridge connect to a DMR-MARC cbridge? I've been seeing only Brandmeister connection info.
Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

You will probably want to do a separate asl node from your bm connection. From past experience bm would prefer you not bridging networks. So you may want to setup a separate public asl node to connect to to do that.

On 6/30/20 8:31 PM, Tom wrote:
Can a DMR-allstar bridge connect to a DMR-MARC cbridge? I've been seeing only Brandmeister connection info.
Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA

Tom

Jeff,

I have an older ASL-DMR bridge running with a DV3000 running with access to two cbridge connections (since 2015). As long as I maintain full quieting access to my allstarlink node, there will be no issues. It’s just a long range ‘wireless microphone’ before digitizing and vocoding. So, that isn’t a problem in my case. Steve helped me with that configuration five years ago. That used dmrlink and ambe_audio.

The old bridge works flawlessly on established TG connections. The issue I’m running into is, in some cases, switching [section] stanza’s in ambe_audio.cfg (stays on the current TG).

A hardware AMBE vocoder, like the DV3000, provides high quality audio. It’s not clear to me how to use the DV3000 with DVSwitch and configure the software modules. Is there a detailed ‘how to’ doc for starting with an ASL node running on Debian Stretch and a Pi 3B+?

Tom / K5TRA

Steve N4IRS

See this:
<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/files/IPSC_AB_ASL.txt>
<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/allstarlink/files/ASL%20to%20DMR%20Bridge.pdf>

Instead of MMDVM_Bridge you will use IPSC_Bridge

Analog_bridge uses the DV3000 for the Vocoder.

Steve

On 6/30/20 10:27 PM, Tom wrote:

[...]

I was just reminded that many of the DMARC TGs are available on DMR+ which MMDVM_Bridge will connect to. I would check if the TGs you want are available on DMR+

Steve N4IRS

On 6/30/2020 10:27 PM, Tom wrote:

[...]

I just checked the IPSC2-Texas master. One of the three TG's that I'm interested in on DMR-MARC is listed (Lonestar). The two that were not (Dillo and Cactus) are private intertie related TG's. So, I'm not surprised that they weren't there.

The link to "ASL to DMR bridge how to" details the MMDVM_Bridge setup. Is there a similar how to doc that addresses the IPSC_bridge setup instead of MMDVM?

Steve N4IRS

No, but it will get you set up with ASL and Analog_Bridge. Then you will need to connect IPSC_Bridge

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)