Allstar to DMR ID

Steve N4IRS

The DMR IDs for repeaters are 6 digit, we are up to 5 digits. Our node numbers do not fit within the DMR ID system.
There are some possibilities that could be explored. The big issue is that when a user radio displays a DMR ID it is the transmitting station, not the repeater. For ASL that data is not available.
The best we can do is to get the node number of the ASL node originating the transmission.

As it happens, Mike and I started a conversation just today about a method to transmit ASL node data with each transmission. Stay tuned.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 01/08/2018 07:07 PM, David KE6UPI wrote:
It would be nice to register a DMR ID for the ASL node. i.e. ASL 2060 Then a DMR user could lookup the node number.

David
KE6UPI

--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 7:39 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
David,
I usually my own radio id. My wife is a ham so I have been known to use hers.

Steve

On 01/03/2018 10:25 PM, David wrote:
Hi

What is everyone running for a ID from analog when you do a allstar to dmr bridge.   0 was giving me troubles on my radio.

_._,_._,_

David KE6UPI