Topics

Security password on Brandmeister

Steve - WB8GRS

I read elsewhere that Brandmeister Hotspot Users must configure hotspot security password to continue using Brandmeister.  This affect masters 3101, 3102 and 3103 and I assume many other masters. This starts to take affect on Nov 30, 2020.  I have both an Android to DMR and Allstar to DMR bridges running as well as a couple DMR hotspots and a MMDVM DMR repeater on Brandmeister..  Do I need to add a security password to my Android to DMR bridge that I use with DV Switch and to my Allstar to DMR bridge in order to stay logged into Brandmeister, and if yes, how do I do that?

If I need to ask this in a subgroup, please let me know which one.

Thanks,
73,
Steve_WB8GRS

Patrick Perdue

You only need to change the

password=passw0rd

line in the [DMR Network] stanza of MMDVM_Bridge.ini for any DVSwitch instance, replacing it with the hotspot security password you've set up on the Brandmeister self-care dashboard.

AFAIK, this change doesn't affect repeater ID's yet, just personal CCS7.

So, you shouldn't need to make any changes to your MMDVM repeater at this time, assuming you are using a six digit repeater ID.

On 11/25/2020 11:14 PM, Steve - WB8GRS wrote:

I read elsewhere that Brandmeister Hotspot Users must configure hotspot security password to continue using Brandmeister.  This affect masters 3101, 3102 and 3103 and I assume many other masters. This starts to take affect on Nov 30, 2020.  I have both an Android to DMR and Allstar to DMR bridges running as well as a couple DMR hotspots and a MMDVM DMR repeater on Brandmeister..  Do I need to add a security password to my Android to DMR bridge that I use with DV Switch and to my Allstar to DMR bridge in order to stay logged into Brandmeister, and if yes, how do I do that?

If I need to ask this in a subgroup, please let me know which one.

Thanks,
73,
Steve_WB8GRS

Steve - WB8GRS

Thanks Patrick, works great!

Steve_WB8GRS

Ted Lawrence

To be clear.  You replace "passw0rd" with the Self care password ?

Steve N4IRS

Yes

On 11/29/20 6:14 PM, Ted Lawrence via groups.io wrote:
To be clear.  You replace "passw0rd" with the Self care password ?

Ted Lawrence

Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Pete Fierro

Why do I have to keep reloading my password sometimes?Seems good for a while then I have to reload it again.

   Running two pi's analog to dmr bridge both passwords are the same in both as set in MMDVM. INI.

  I Followed the procedure in that website from Brandmeister to set a security password to the letter.

   I highlighted both dmr ids to set the security  password.

  Ideas?

Pete
KD2ARB

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 18:32, Ted Lawrence via groups.io
<tedlaw2@...> wrote:
Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

Are you saying you have to change your password in MMDVM_Bridge.ini or in self care?

On 12/3/20 5:16 PM, Pete Fierro via groups.io wrote:
Why do I have to keep reloading my password sometimes?Seems good for a while then I have to reload it again.

   Running two pi's analog to dmr bridge both passwords are the same in both as set in MMDVM. INI.

  I Followed the procedure in that website from Brandmeister to set a security password to the letter.

   I highlighted both dmr ids to set the security  password.

  Ideas?

Pete
KD2ARB

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 18:32, Ted Lawrence via groups.io
Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

And what Master(s) are you connected to?

On 12/3/20 5:16 PM, Pete Fierro via groups.io wrote:
Why do I have to keep reloading my password sometimes?Seems good for a while then I have to reload it again.

   Running two pi's analog to dmr bridge both passwords are the same in both as set in MMDVM. INI.

  I Followed the procedure in that website from Brandmeister to set a security password to the letter.

   I highlighted both dmr ids to set the security  password.

  Ideas?

Pete
KD2ARB

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 18:32, Ted Lawrence via groups.io
Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Corey Dean N3FE

I just checked the master and no issue there.  When you set the password on the portal it pushes it to ALL masters.  I am showing the same encrypted password on all USA masters and then I checked the UK and AU servers as wel just to make sure they were all in sync.

He is on 3102 though.

On Dec 3, 2020, at 5:59 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

 And what Master(s) are you connected to?

On 12/3/20 5:16 PM, Pete Fierro via groups.io wrote:
Why do I have to keep reloading my password sometimes?Seems good for a while then I have to reload it again.

   Running two pi's analog to dmr bridge both passwords are the same in both as set in MMDVM. INI.

  I Followed the procedure in that website from Brandmeister to set a security password to the letter.

   I highlighted both dmr ids to set the security  password.

  Ideas?

Pete
KD2ARB

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 18:32, Ted Lawrence via groups.io
Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Pete Fierro

Selfcare

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 18:30, Corey Dean N3FE
<n3fe@...> wrote:
[...]

3101,02..Have to keep reloading the password (not change the password)in selfcare

<n3fe@...> wrote:
[...]

Just out of curiosity, what talkgroups are you accessing?

<n3fe@...> wrote:
I just checked the master and no issue there.  When you set the password on the portal it pushes it to ALL masters.  I am showing the same encrypted password on all USA masters and then I checked the UK and AU servers as wel just to make sure they were all in sync.

He is on 3102 though.

<image.jpg>

On Dec 3, 2020, at 5:59 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

And what Master(s) are you connected to?

On 12/3/20 5:16 PM, Pete Fierro via groups.io wrote:
Why do I have to keep reloading my password sometimes?Seems good for a while then I have to reload it again.

   Running two pi's analog to dmr bridge both passwords are the same in both as set in MMDVM. INI.

  I Followed the procedure in that website from Brandmeister to set a security password to the letter.

   I highlighted both dmr ids to set the security  password.

  Ideas?

Pete
KD2ARB

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 18:32, Ted Lawrence via groups.io
Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

<image.jpg>

Brad N8PC

Dont use 1 password for both. It will reject it. They have to be different passwords. No caps and no numbers.  Just make it no more than 10 characyers long all lowercase

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020, 5:17 PM Pete Fierro via groups.io <overthetop52=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Why do I have to keep reloading my password sometimes?Seems good for a while then I have to reload it again.

   Running two pi's analog to dmr bridge both passwords are the same in both as set in MMDVM. INI.

  I Followed the procedure in that website from Brandmeister to set a security password to the letter.

   I highlighted both dmr ids to set the security  password.

  Ideas?

Pete
KD2ARB

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 18:32, Ted Lawrence via groups.io
<tedlaw2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Pete Fierro

Thanks Brad!I thought something was funky with the password

    Corey,31362 NYC metro &31341 South Jersey TG's