digital transmit overtime

Patrick Perdue

I’m adjusting it on the USRP node.
For now, I wrote a cheap shell script that is called only when the USRP node is keying towards ASL, which sleeps for a while, mutes both TLV and USRP. Then another script runs when the node stops transmitting which kills the running time or if it exists, then unmute A_B 10 seconds later. It isn’t perfect, but it does give people a chance to disconnect if things go on for a long time.

Sent from my zippo

On Dec 9, 2020, at 18:57, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:

Patrick,
Which TOT are you adjusting? Are you adjusting the TOT on the USRP node or the ASL TX? The TOT controls the TX not the RX. Just a thought.

Steve

On 12/9/20 5:55 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi Steve:

Thanks. Yeah, I thought it should work the same as any other channel driver, so I changed it to a ridiculously low number (10000), and transmissions over 10 seconds across the bridge still passed after rpt reload, at least from digital to analog. I didn't test in the other direction.

Steve N4IRS

[...]

AllStar should treat traffic coming from AB just like any other channel driver. I will try to test when I get a chance. I'm on the road for the next few day, so it will be the weekend before I can play.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/9/20 5:38 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:
I'm trying to find a way to limit transmission time from digital to analog. Lately, I've had users experimenting with Peanut and BlueDV continuously transmitting for long periods of time without realizing it. totime in rpt.conf on the node's stanza seems to have no effect, and I can't find a way to do this from DVSwitch itself. What am I missing?