MMDVM to MMDVM connections ?

Gerry Filby

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to have a private connection using MMDV/Analog_Bridge ?

Analog HT1 <> AllStar1 <> Analog_Bridge <> MMDVM_Bridge <> [Internet] <> MMDV_Bridge <> Analog_Bridge <> AllStar2 <> HT2

("Why bother ?" - what's the point of going through the digital mode - just go AllStar to AllStar ?)

Or would one have to use a temporary Talk Group ?

Best,
Gerry.
W6WNG

Patrick Perdue

The cheap and easy solution would be to just use a personal CCS7 ID as a group call for all participants (not exactly private), or just anything that isn't being used and won't make people mad, on a public network. Not sure how private calls work with DVSwitch, not something I've ever cared to try.

That, or set up an HBlink or some other DMR master server somewhere and directly connect to that.

It's very common, especially on Brandmeister, for people to make group calls on personal ID's to connect, I've noticed.

On 12/9/2020 5:47 PM, Gerry Filby wrote:

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to have a private connection using MMDV/Analog_Bridge ?

Analog HT1 <> AllStar1 <> Analog_Bridge <> MMDVM_Bridge <> [Internet] <> MMDV_Bridge <> Analog_Bridge <> AllStar2 <> HT2

("Why bother ?" - what's the point of going through the digital mode - just go AllStar to AllStar ?)

Or would one have to use a temporary Talk Group ?

Best,
Gerry.
W6WNG

Steve N4IRS

Agreed, why bother? If what you are trying to do is create a private DMR TG, you can use HBlink to create a DMR Master. Insert it where you have internet on your diagram.

On 12/9/20 5:47 PM, Gerry Filby wrote:
Hi Folks,

Is it possible to have a private connection using MMDV/Analog_Bridge ?

Analog HT1 <> AllStar1 <> Analog_Bridge <> MMDVM_Bridge <> [Internet] <> MMDV_Bridge <> Analog_Bridge <> AllStar2 <> HT2

("Why bother ?" - what's the point of going through the digital mode - just go AllStar to AllStar ?)

Or would one have to use a temporary Talk Group ?

Best,
Gerry.
W6WNG

Daryl

I use my gateway ID as a TG on BM as a place to go so as not to tie up one of the chat TG's.
Works for me and a couple of my locals
Daryl
G0 ANV

Gerry Filby

Figures ... was curious if the underlying protocol could support peer to peer connections ...

Cheers !
Gerry.