Topics

#hblink is throwing out many " DMR Slot 2, overflow in the DMR slot RF queue" #hblink

fabiobassa

Edited

Hello all,
following many tutorials and hows to, and studying and again studying I succesfully manage to install hblink on a amhf rockchip processor board. It starts and also dashboard is working fine.

But now I have a problem I'm not able to debug properly.

Let descrive my setup:
have a economic chinese clone hotspot simplex mounted on another armhf board and running MMDVMhost. Also have 2 ini files, one with registration to Italy brandmeiseter, another ini registering on lan local hblink. I start then with ./mmdvmhost /home/myhome/brandmeister.ini or ./mmdvmhost /home/myhome/hblink.ini so I can follow on screnn what is going on.

Scenario GOOD : I register into brandmeister , call the parrot 9990 and hear the talkback:

M: 2020-12-25 23:16:26.089 DMR, Logged into the master successfully
M: 2020-12-25 23:16:34.111 DMR Slot 2, received RF voice header from xxxxxx to 9990
M: 2020-12-25 23:16:37.891 DMR Slot 2, received RF end of voice transmission from  xxxxxx to 9990, 3.6 seconds, BER: 0.9%
M: 2020-12-25 23:16:41.056 DMR Slot 2, received network voice header from 9990 to xxxxxx
M: 2020-12-25 23:16:44.663 DMR Slot 2, received network end of voice transmission from 9990 to xxxxxx, 3.7 seconds, 0% packet loss, BER: 0.2%

Scenario BAD : I log into local hblink , call the parrot and a lot of error coming out

M: 2020-12-25 23:27:30.015 DMR, Logged into the master successfullE: 2020-12-25 23:27:59.324

DMR Slot 2, overflow in the DMR slot RF queue ( many many of these)
M: 2020-12-25 23:28:00.822 DMR Slot 2, network watchdog has expired, 7.1 seconds, 69% packet loss, BER: 0.2% ( and voice is not intellegible)

By searching on Google this  same error It landed me to MAYBE a problem with tcxo on my hotspot hat  but here come questions:

Why the same hardware is working on brendmeister network and not working on local hblink? If was a tcxo problem it shouldn't have worked on neither

What can I use to debug the underlaying problem or, if we do a sort od meeting, could anyone check from outside with different hardware if all the stuff are correct? Of course will give a public ip and open port and setup a momentary password for tests.

Thank you in advance for replays, 73's Marco iz8xoh

EDIT : I read a topic on 05/08/19 that says "
Parrot is not (yet) ported to python3"

Is that the reason ?

Bob KK6RQ

Dunno if this applies, but on our HBLink server Parrot 9990 has to be a *group* call... (I'm not the person maintaining it so I can't expand on that; I just know that's how it is...)

KK6RQ

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020, 4:01 AM fabiobassa <fabiobassa@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

Hello Bob, thank you for kind replay.

unfortunately Parrot documentation on hblink3 is fragmented , a piece here, a piece there so a bit unconfortable to follow the puzzle

On my radio of course the parrot is a group call and I can engage the parrot, what is frustrating  WAS the wrong audio coming back

I  found another polish man talking about parrot  on hblink3 and he says that first is necessary start the parrot service itself , otherwise no parrot service on board

So it ise necessary have a parrot.service or start by hand calling

/usr/bin/python3 /srv/HBlink3-main/HBlink3/playback.py  -c /srv/HBlink3-main/HBlink3/playback.cfg

that is my relative path.

Following the guidance to have a parrot.service , in facts,  now the parrot is working succesfully

Was just the lack of a service

thanks again , 73's Marco IZ8XOH

Steve N4IRS

I suggest you post this information in the HBlink subgroup <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/HBlink> Where more HBlink users will see it.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/26/20 6:45 AM, fabiobassa wrote:

[...]

Sure Steve I will post there too and ty again for wonderfull work done on those digital systems

73 ' s