Topics

WA3XYZ PL 88.5 Announcement #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

Patrick Perdue

Yes, that is the example string used in HamVoIP, which generates a GSM file on the node setup script.

On 12/27/2020 3:33 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I would guess, the HAMVOIP node.

On 12/27/20 3:32 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
Out of curiosity, where is it getting WA3XYZ PL 88.5 from?

Patrick Perdue

That's just a default example which was never changed to something useful by whoever installed that node.

On 12/27/2020 3:32 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
Out of curiosity, where is it getting WA3XYZ PL 88.5 from?

Steve N4IRS

I would guess, the HAMVOIP node.

On 12/27/20 3:32 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
Out of curiosity, where is it getting WA3XYZ PL 88.5 from?

Frank C. D'Amato

Out of curiosity, where is it getting WA3XYZ PL 88.5 from?

Steve N4IRS

It may have been I set the ID string to empty rather then commenting out the line. I'll test and adjust the example if needed.

Thanks, Steve

On 12/27/20 2:42 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

And I can tell you from experience, having done it on four different bridges, that it doesn't do anything at all if idrecording and idtalkover aren't defined.

I originally used your example because I thought it would do that as well, but after being annoyed by a dit coming across USRP, holding things up on a pretty busy talkgroup every time it happened, I just commented those lines out, and it went away with no consequence.

On 12/27/2020 2:39 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I disagree, I'll check it again. I believe if app_rpt does not find the entry it will default to ID.

On 12/27/20 2:36 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

No, it definitely won't even try to send an ID if that line is commented out, so there's really no point in having it there in the first place on a USRP bridge.

On 12/27/2020 2:34 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:

I think it will send "ID" if you comment it out.

On 12/27/20 2:33 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

Just comment the line out entirely. It isn't needed. Not even a dit.

On 12/27/2020 2:28 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
totime = 180000 ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (default 3 min 180000 ms)
idrecording = |ie ; id recording or morse string
idtalkover = |ie ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none

It's going to send a ID to USRP. So, make it a E (dit)

Frank C. D'Amato

I updated it, lets see what happens.  Thanks

Steve N4IRS

on the DVSwitch Server. Yes in /etc/asterisk

On 12/27/20 2:41 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
which rpt.conf?

on the dvswitch or hamvoip?

In the ect/asterick directory?

Patrick Perdue

[...]

Make sure the lines starting with idrecording and idtalkover are either commented out or don't exist in /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf under the stanza for the node where your DMR bridge lives. You may also want to make sure duplex=0 and telemdefault=0, unless you have a special case, as I do.

On 12/27/2020 2:23 PM, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

Check your radio programming for the channel

On 12/27/2020 2:17 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
I finally got the DVswitch up and running.  The Analog to dmr link is working fine.

The only issue I have, is every 10 minutes, this ID is played ONLY on the DMR TG (Not the analog side)
Anyone know where this ID is living?  I ; out all the ID's in analog_bridge.ini

Video of the ID Going Off

Steve N4IRS

totime = 180000 ; transmit time-out time (in ms) (default 3 min 180000 ms)
idrecording = |ie ; id recording or morse string
idtalkover = |ie ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none

It's going to send a ID to USRP. So, make it a E (dit)

Mike KB8JNM