MMDVM_Bridge [INFO] for brandmeister #brandmeister #mmdvm_bridge

Frank C. D'Amato

After setting both Power & Height to 0 in MMDVM_Bridge.ini , I was able to change both the "Priority Message" and "Description" on the Brandmeister website.

Good lesson learned here.

As always, thanks for everyone's help.

Steve N4IRS

Sorry I asked. As I said, you should be able to edit the fields. Good luck.

On 12/27/20 7:58 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
I never said I was trying to enter height , I’m saying that Brandmeister gives me an error when I try to update the description, that I need to enter a height, but it’s not editable.

Frank C. D'Amato

I never said I was trying to enter height , I’m saying that Brandmeister gives me an error when I try to update the description, that I need to enter a height, but it’s not editable.

Steve N4IRS

were you trying to enter your height?

On 12/27/20 7:23 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
Tried it numerous times, it gives me an error about entering my height, that is not editable

Frank C. D'Amato

Tried it numerous times, it gives me an error about entering my height, that is not editable

Steve N4IRS

You should be able to edit "Priority Message" and "Description". Make sure you hit the save changes

On 12/27/20 5:15 PM, Frank C. D'Amato wrote:
My MMDVM_Bridge.ini has the following

[Info]
RXFrequency=444775000
TXFrequency=449775000
Power=200
Latitude=40.789737
Longitude=-76.121412
Height=550
Location=Barnesville, PA
Description=W3TWA MMDVM_Bridge
URL=http://qrz.com/db/w3twa

I asked Brandmeister support how do I get "Priority Message" and "Description" to populate? (I'm unable to edit those fields).

They replied...
The information in all those greyed out fields is taken from the hotspot to BM.  You need to edit that in the hotspot software and it will be updated on BM then.

What additional settings need to be in the [INFO] section?  Description, height, Power are already in there but don't seem to pass the information.

Frank C. D'Amato