DStar Message

Mike, AA9VI

How do you change the outgoing Dstar message from CALLSIGN /DVSW to something else? (like "Gateway")

Mike, AA9VI

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
It is not configurable.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/17/21 4:45 PM, Mike, AA9VI via groups.io wrote:
How do you change the outgoing Dstar message from CALLSIGN /DVSW to something else? (like "Gateway")

Mike, AA9VI

Mike, AA9VI

Can you make it configurable?  Right now I have this message being sent out to DPlus reflectors "X9NC 9/2."  That isn't very informative.  Not only that, the callsign is truncated.

Mike, AA9VI

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Mike,

Your original question was can I change CALLSIGN / DVSW to something else.  Well, No, your callsign is a required field in the protocol and most networks verify that it is valid and allowed.  The /DVSW field is optional, but is limited to 4 characters and most DSTAR users set this to the radio that they are using (ID51, etc).  Since you are using DVSwitch Server, I set this to conform to the norm.

Now, you say that you are getting what looks like garbage and NOT callsign/DVSW?  I have not seen that and would like to see your MB logs surrounding a short transmission.

Mike