Talk Group Question

N4UPC - Scott

Thanks!

Scott
N4UPC

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 22:46, Doug - W4DBG <douggooden@...> wrote:
Just do a group call. Your seven digit ID is no different than a 5 or 6 digit ID. 

So dial 3162356 as a group call and others can too and you can talk.  

Hopefully that help. 

Doug
W4DBG

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:37 PM N4UPC - Scott via groups.io <n4upc=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:
Just thought of something else. How do I listen to the activity on my DMR number from a separate device such as a DMR radio & hotspot that is using my DMR number?

Scott
N4UPC

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 22:03, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
No. Use your DMR ID. That is the official stance.

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of N4UPC - Scott via groups.io <n4upc=pm.me@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:58:02 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Talk Group Question

I’m not sure who to ask, so I’ll ask here.  Since BM is no longer issuing talk groups, is it permissible to grab one of the unclaimed ones (ie. one not on the BM talk group listing)?  Thanks!

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

Doug - W4DBG

Just do a group call. Your seven digit ID is no different than a 5 or 6 digit ID. 

So dial 3162356 as a group call and others can too and you can talk.  

Hopefully that help. 

Doug
W4DBG

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:37 PM N4UPC - Scott via groups.io <n4upc=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:
Just thought of something else. How do I listen to the activity on my DMR number from a separate device such as a DMR radio & hotspot that is using my DMR number?

Scott
N4UPC

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of N4UPC - Scott via groups.io <n4upc=pm.me@groups.io>

I’m not sure who to ask, so I’ll ask here.  Since BM is no longer issuing talk groups, is it permissible to grab one of the unclaimed ones (ie. one not on the BM talk group listing)?  Thanks!

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

N4UPC - Scott

Scott
N4UPC

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of N4UPC - Scott via groups.io <n4upc@...>

I’m not sure who to ask, so I’ll ask here.  Since BM is no longer issuing talk groups, is it permissible to grab one of the unclaimed ones (ie. one not on the BM talk group listing)?  Thanks!

N4UPC - Scott

Gotcha. Thanks.

Scott
N4UPC

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of N4UPC - Scott via groups.io <n4upc@...>

I’m not sure who to ask, so I’ll ask here.  Since BM is no longer issuing talk groups, is it permissible to grab one of the unclaimed ones (ie. one not on the BM talk group listing)?  Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

N4UPC - Scott