Best Route - TG31550 to XLX273 - limited knowledge

Corey Dean N3FE

Neil,

You should only bridge into talkgroups that are yours to bridge with or have permission to.  Tacs, statewides, 3100 are all dmr only.

It is not my policy. It is an agreement with the cbridge owners that I tend to stand by.

Don’t like it there are other networks you can use as you are well aware.   Everyone has their own talkgroups they can do with as they wish.

I wonder how the Motorola dmr group would like it if you just got on Their network and started bridging anything under the sun?

On Feb 1, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Neil k8it <k8it@...> wrote:

This is the reason why I do not use BM  anymore. Not sure if this is BM  policy or if it is K3FE  policy. I never saw such a policy on the BM  website.

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Best Route - TG31550 to XLX273 - limited knowledge

Why are you connecting all of that to the Wisconsin TAC channel?  PLEASE do not do this!  That is NOT your talkgroup and is a bm talkgroup.  If you want to interconnect things please use your own talkgroup!

Corey  N3FE

On 2021-02-01 06:37, craig.jump via groups.io wrote:

Greg,  how long did it take to get the BM interconnect ?

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Neil k8it

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 2:15 PM

On 2021-02-01 06:37, craig.jump via groups.io wrote:

Greg,  how long did it take to get the BM interconnect ?

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Corey Dean N3FE

I am going to ask you nicely to please disconnect all of those links you have to the 31550 Wisconsin TAC talkgroup now.

Corey  N3FE

On 2021-02-01 06:37, craig.jump via groups.io wrote:

Greg,  how long did it take to get the BM interconnect ?

craig.jump@...

Greg,  how long did it take to get the BM interconnect ?

Daren. 2E0LXY.

Hi Greg.
As Jeff said, by far easiest way is let BM do it.
Raise ticket here, you'll need to create a separate account to log in.

https://support.brandmeister.network/servicedesk/customer/user/login?destination=portals

Select the correct dept on the ticket.
Tell them why you want to to do it, your details and they don't use Interlink, it's connected to the xlxd reflector as a peer that they setup. Job done.

I did it only a while ago and got the message back last week it was complete.
XLX899B to BM TG23530 "Yorkshire"

Good luck with it.
Daren 2E0LXY

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

The Simplest way would be to contact Brandmeister via their ticket support system and request they setup the interlink for XLXD to BM.

The not so simple way is to do it with MMDVM_bridge, But I am not able to talk to that. I have tried it before and not had good luck or a whole lot of time to play with it.

Jeff

On Jan 30, 2021, at 4:49 PM, Greg Hovland <greg@...> wrote:

I have successfully connected an Allstar node to BMTG31550 using the DVSwitch programs. This is done in the cloud. I have set up XLX273 using XLXD separately in the cloud.

I would now like to add and interconnect between  XLX273A and BM TG31550.  I get through Linux by Google and reading a bunch of forums, but I still consider myself new.  What would be the simplest way for me to add this interconnect?

I do have two AMBE3000 USBs available at home with a Raspberry Pi if needed.

I have seen some instructions laid dated 2019 and new ones for 2020 in this group. I'm wondering if things have changed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greg Hovland
W9IKU

Greg Hovland <greg@...>