USRP Ports

Ed W8VT

Back to the project.
Have DVSwitch Server running and working with DVSM
Have ASL running and working.
Asterisk Manager enabled.
Have installed AR.

Ed W8VT

Ah ha! AR was the missing piece of the puzzle. Now Have DVSwitcher Server working with DVSM and ASL is running and works with iaxrpt.
Going to go read the AR documentation. May be tomorrow before get back to the project. Thanks again Steve.

Steve N4IRS

Here is a block diagra of where you will end up.

Here is the doc on Analog_Reflector <http://dvswitch.org/Analog_Reflector.pdf>

On 3/3/2021 1:55 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
That's great! How do I accomplish this? How do I get AB to talk to ASL and DVSM? Hence my original confused question about ports.
This system is a Pi3 with DV3000 and the private radioless node connects to my other node. Thanks Steve.

Steve N4IRS

OK,
Since it's a Pi and you have it at home. Here is what I would like you to do.
Download this image <http://dvswitch.org/files/DVSwitch_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Buster/2021-02-14-DVSwitch-Server-AllStar-lite.zip>
Burn it to an SD card and boot it in your RPi
The login is dvswitch and the password is dvswitch
Once logged in:
apt update
apt upgrade
If updates were applied, reboot

login as dvswitch
Setup the DVswitch Server
type dvs
Here is a link to the documentation <http://dvswitch.org/DVSwitch_install.pdf>
You can test with DVSM
All good?

Now Configure AllStar. You can use the asl-menu (I can't say if it works or not.)
Or manual configure the node.
You should not need a private node.
Configure the public node using the chan_usrp
You can again use DVSM to test (in IAX mode)

Let me know and we will add Analog_Reflector.

Steve

On 3/3/2021 1:55 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
That's great! How do I accomplish this? How do I get AB to talk to ASL and DVSM? Hence my original confused question about ports.
This system is a Pi3 with DV3000 and the private radioless node connects to my other node. Thanks Steve.

Ed W8VT

That's great! How do I accomplish this? How do I get AB to talk to ASL and DVSM? Hence my original confused question about ports.
This system is a Pi3 with DV3000 and the private radioless node connects to my other node. Thanks Steve.

Steve N4IRS

It's not you. I needed to make sure what you were after. So, the answer is yes. You can build a server that has access to the digital modes. Those modes can be accessed from AllStar and DVSM. Think of it this way, you will have one digital node. That node is accessible from both AllStar and DVSM. As an added bonus if you call today (joke) you can also access the server from a web browser. The digital node is a shared resource. If AllStar tunes over to DMR TG 3166 then DVSM and HTML client are also tuned there. Another bonus is you can have full access to the AllStar node from DVSM or the HTML client. If you want to connect the AllStar node to node 2100, you can from DVSM or HTML. You will have the DVSwitch Dashboard with the RX Monitor. You can add Allmon2. I have not tested SuperMon. Here are the things you can't do:

If in the cloud, you should not use D-Star
If on a hardware host, you can not connect a radio. (well maybe)

So, cloud or hardware? Radio or not?

Steve N4IRS

On 3/3/2021 1:16 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
That would be kind of cool, mainly as an easy way to control it. I ran it for several years just locked down to one DMR TG and we would connect to the private ASL node when needed. Being able to use the phone app would really expand the capabilities. Sorry for not articulating my question very well.

Ed W8VT

That would be kind of cool, mainly as an easy way to control it. I ran it for several years just locked down to one DMR TG and we would connect to the private ASL node when needed. Being able to use the phone app would really expand the capabilities. Sorry for not articulating my question very well.

Steve N4IRS

Ed,
Please excuse me if I'm trying to be too specific. So, you want AllStar and the Android Mobile client to both be able to connect to the digital voice networks.

Steve

On 3/3/2021 1:03 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Yes Sir. Have DVSwitch Server with DVSM and also have AB out to ASL so it can be connected to our analog system.

Ed W8VT

Yes Sir. Have DVSwitch Server with DVSM and also have AB out to ASL so it can be connected to our analog system.

Steve N4IRS

I think I understand the question. Yes.
Do you mean DVSwitch Server and AllStar?

On 3/3/2021 12:50 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Is it even possible to have a setup where we can have DVSM and ASL at the same time?

Ed W8VT

Is it even possible to have a setup where we can have DVSM and ASL at the same time?

Ed W8VT

Decided to redo my setup that is several years old with the new DVSwitch ASL image that was just released. Got it working fine with the mobile app.
The question is what do I do about Allstar? Apparently the mobile app wants the tx and rx ports the same and Allstar rpt.conf wants them different.
In my setup it is important to be able to connect the digital world over to analog via Allstar. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Ed W8VT