PLease suggest a place to ask about DMR packet structures

Kev

It is very similar if not the same as motorola's ndis format.
I have attached a raw packet with what I was able to decode by hand on this thread :
https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/topic/81351796
the hex is from wireshark, converted to bits so I could decode some of it by hand.
here is another hex packet :
0980a10024000000010c3f057c0c1006ac480065006c006c006f000d000a00520065006100640079005203

Thanks,
Kev

John ZL4JY

Why not turn it on and have a look with Wireshark?

I've had a quick look at the ETSI DMR specs and nothing jumps out as meeting what you describe. There certainly is the spec to transport packets over DMR infrastructure but not dumping DMR frames in some sort of raw format to a PC.

Motorola has their NDIS functionality that sound similar to what you've outlined.

73, John

Kev

none of the above.
I'm investigating the 'forward to pc' option on most radios, starting with hytera.
These appear to be fairly standard etsi packets possibly with all data blocks joined together into a single udp packet directed at a udp port on the pc.
Thanks, regards
Kev

Kev

Thanks, I have now joined that group too.
Regards
Kev

Randy AA6RH

Check out the OpenDV groups.io forum. Johnathan Naylor, who wrote MMDVM is on that forum and similar questions have been posed there. He's fairly well versed on DMR specs, though I don't know the extent to which he has experience with Hytera.

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

vk2psf@...

which part of dmr?  over the air, ipsc, or homebrew?

https://www.dmrassociation.org/dmr-standards.html

../alex

Kev

Thanks Steve,
Unfortunately no-one here seams to be able to help and as it wasn't a DVSwitch question I wondered if there was a more appropiate place to ask.

I'm just looking to document a couple of DMR packet structures and put them on Github for everybody.
Regards
Kev

Steve N4IRS

I don't have a problem with the discussion happening here.

On 3/17/2021 10:26 AM, Kev wrote:
Hello,
Please could anyone suggest a place to ask questions about DMR packet structures.
Thanks
Kev

Kev