Cloud based Dstar Ambe Server Audio Quality

Tom Corcoran

Hello Ken,

for my benefit ...

DVS running on cloud server
Client (DVSM/PyUC/hUC) running remote (in your vehicle
AMBEserver running on RPi at your home
DV3000 stanza in AB.ini address = 192.168.x.xxx (IP of AMBEserver on your home Network)

correct?

Tnx .... Tom VE3NY

--
Tom VE3NY

Ken, K6EFJ

Would anyone in the group with a VPS Cloud installation of Debian 10 Buster running a current DvSwitch install be able to point their VPS  Cloud Server to the domain name, and port # of my Zum Ambe Server and let me know how the audio sounds on Dstar and Dmr?
Thanks, Ken

Ken, K6EFJ

Tom,
Using DVSM on T mobile thru cell towers.

Tom Corcoran

Hello Ken,

were you using client (pyUC/DVSM/hUC) from home or remote?
--
Tom VE3NY

Ken, K6EFJ

Version 1.3
I just did a test pointing the Rpi 3 Dvswitch server (on fiber to home) to the internal ip # of Zum Ambe Server. Dstar was crytal clear. Thinking maybe UDP packet loss.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

I had issues with mine, describes here:
https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/Mobile/message/1341

What firmware version are you using?

Ken, K6EFJ

Does anyone in the group have experience using Zum Ambe Server on a Cloud based VPS?
I currently have a working Debian 10 (Buster) cloud based (Wireblade VPS) install of DvSwitch Server and Allstar.  I have a public facing Zum Ambe Server on a separate fiber to home connection. Dvswitch is configured with the correct IP address and port number for the ambe server, but the audio quality on Dstar is very poor. If I switch to MD380 emulation in DvSwitch Server it actually sounds better. I have a second duplicate installation (same fiber to home connection) of Dvswitch Server and Allstar (2-14 image) on a Rpi 3b using a NW Digital ThumbDV or a DVMEGA DVstick 30 and the audio on Dstar sounds great. I have already tried swapping the Zum Ambe Server and power supply as I have two of them with no difference in results.  Any ideas????
Ken K6EFJ