locked Shaming for using an app

On 31/3/21 9:43 am, Tito Lopez - YN1OB wrote:
It is not for them to  harass you on how you handle your businesses. I
would just ignore them self righteous numbnuts. Follow the beat of
your own drum and Screw what anyone else thinks.
Agree totally.  As far as I'm concerned, they can take a long walk off a
short pier. :)  While I prefer to go in via some form of amateur RF, I
do use apps and computer access, when appropriate, and I don't care what
others use, just keep active. :)
I used to get heckled for not having a top notch HF rig or not putting
out 500 watts.  Screw them, You don't need them. There are plenty of
hams out there  that will hold an interesting QSO without the hassle.
Yeah, I've had some of that, but what many do on HF (chasing DX entities
and contesting) doesn't interest me.  Each to their own.  If you enjoy
it, do it, if you don't, then don't. :)

Now that my main phone is an Apple, I'm more likely to be using hUC than
DVSwitch Mobile, when I do use IP directly.  hUC is quite impressive,
that's for sure.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Tito Lopez - YN1OB

It is not for them to  harass you on how you handle your businesses. I would just ignore them self righteous numbnuts. Follow the beat of your own drum and Screw what anyone else thinks.
I used to get heckled for not having a top notch HF rig or not putting out 500 watts.  Screw them, You don't need them. There are plenty of hams out there  that will hold an interesting QSO without the hassle.
w3daw
yn1ob

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 12:08 AM IK7VXC Mike <gammaproject@...> wrote:
Thank you guys for your support. Too bad Steve didn't pick up on my request ... (sigh ..)

IK7VXC Mike

Alright then, Steve, thanks for letting me know this (I was already poking around :) ).

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
No, you can't change it yourself. Yes, bugs are usually a higher priority then enhancements.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/27/21 12:50 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it (sorry Steve). I can understand there are more inportant issues to solve (I know, mine is a minor one, I get it). However if some of you could give me some pointers on where to look, I would gladly try and see if I can "fix" the thing myself.

Mike IK7VXC

IK7VXC Mike

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it (sorry Steve). I can understand there are more inportant issues to solve (I know, mine is a minor one, I get it). However if some of you could give me some pointers on where to look, I would gladly try and see if I can "fix" the thing myself.

Mike IK7VXC

Steve N4IRS

Just because I (we) don't comment, does not mean we don't read (and consider)

Randy AA6RH

I would suggest that Steve and the DVSwitch crew are working on other things, not that your idea isn't a worthy thing to look into.

You could always have a look yourself at the code (being open source), and have a go at creating this feature that you want. This is the very foundation of what it means to have free and open source software.

As for "lids" complaining about whether something is RF or not... They don't seem to understand anything other than "if I can't reach you with only a wire in my backyard, it's not real ham radio" and they quite possibly never will. Let them listen to static and repeater IDs as their comfort. They deserve our pity for a lack of vision.

--R
--
Randy Hall AA6RH (not K7AGE, quit asking) 😁

IK7VXC Mike

Thank you guys for your support. Too bad Steve didn't pick up on my request ... (sigh ..)

Jason - WY7JT

I've heard people complain about DVSwitch, yet they will use their Icom radio in terminal mode with the RF section off using the AMBE chip directly to the internet, or a dongle, or a DVMega Cast.... And IP access to ham radio is a blessing for a lot of older hams in hospitals, convalescing, in nursing homes.... they're able to get on nets, chat with their friends. God knows they can use the distraction. And because of the technology today we are still using radio, whether wifi, cellular, satellites....  Those complaining are free to use RF only repeater systems, but they'll probably be pretty bored just listening to ID messages all day. But then that's why we hear them on busier IP linked systems. Some people are just silly.

Jason - WY7JT

Scott-N5HUM

Then they shouldn't be using D-Star, echolink, C4FM, Wires-X, P25, NXDN, or any of the other digital modes. They all use the internet. They also should stop using any repeaters that are linked using ASL, IRLP, and any other linking mode that uses anything but RF. Nowadays they wouldn't have many options to use "real radio."

You are not alone. This happens on my network. Its the Wires-X users here. I use DVSM and come in via Asl. The audio is of hi quality. Just to upset them.