Mobile App Database Update for ALS Node List

IK7VXC Mike

Yes I did. And also removed the application. But only on that phone it has this issue. No big deal anyway!!

IK/VXC Mike

Steve N4IRS

Did you clear storage!

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of IK7VXC Mike <gammaproject@...>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 4:12:52 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Mobile App Database Update for ALS Node List

I even uninstalled it and did a clean install. No can do. Nevermind Steve. I can live with it.

Thanks

IK7VXC Mike

IK7VXC Mike

I even uninstalled it and did a clean install. No can do. Nevermind Steve. I can live with it.

Thanks

IK7VXC Mike

Steve N4IRS

Clear storage also

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of IK7VXC Mike <gammaproject@...>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:05:38 PM

Yes.147. But it keeps crashing even after force stopping and clearing the cache. (My other 2 devices have no problems)
Thanks

IK7VXC Mike

IK7VXC Mike

Yes.147. But it keeps crashing even after force stopping and clearing the cache. (My other 2 devices have no problems)
Thanks

IK7VXC Mike

Steve N4IRS

147?

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 2:57:00 PM

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi Steve,
I tried to connect to node 100 - as per your instructions above - but as soon as I'm connected to the node, the app crashes/shuts down abruptly.

PS
Actually that happened only on one out of 3 devices (all running v. 1.61)

IK7VXC Mike

Steve N4IRS

Check your version number. If not 1.61 (147) upgrade.
If 147, force stop clear cache and retry.

On 5/21/21 2:57 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Hi Steve,
I tried to connect to node 100 - as per your instructions above - but as soon as I'm connected to the node, the app crashes/shuts down abruptly.

IK7VXC Mike

IK7VXC Mike

Edited

Hi Steve,

PS
Actually that happened only on one out of 3 devices (all running v. 1.61)

IK7VXC Mike

Steve N4IRS

Alan,
I assume you mean the AllStar node list. To do that while connected to a AllStar node requires the node be setup to process the DBUpdate macro. The easiest thing to do is to connect to node 100. You will find node 100 at the bottom f you account list. I have setup 100 to upload a fresh node list to the client. You will see a toast (popup) telling you download had completed.

Steve N4IRS

Alan

In the mobile app there's a button on the config page Update Database Files.. it objects if not connected to a node and beeps if you are. But nothing gets updated - so it appears
The node list in the app is old, node descriptions are all old, callsigns are old.
How do you update the node list in the App?
Alan