Upgrade Path Advice #best_practices #dmrlink

Yeah I was about to say I'm sure I built my P25Reflector from source.

On 28/7/21 4:13 am, Steve N4IRS wrote:
The only P25Reflector in the buster repo is armhf. If not ARM, then build from g4klx source.

On 7/27/2021 1:33 PM, Bill Atkinson wrote:
No joy with the existing sources list:

root@p25-ref-new: ~ # apt -y install p25reflector                                                                                                            [13:17:10]
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package p25reflector

apt-cache search does not show a P25Reflector package.

In searching github, I see a repository for P25Reflector in the DVSwitch family that was updated 5 months ago, but the only file in the bin dir seems to be arm-based.  Should I just pull G4KLX's code?

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Steve N4IRS

The only P25Reflector in the buster repo is armhf. If not ARM, then build from g4klx source.

On 7/27/2021 1:33 PM, Bill Atkinson wrote:
No joy with the existing sources list:

root@p25-ref-new: ~ # apt -y install p25reflector                                                                                                            [13:17:10]
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package p25reflector

apt-cache search does not show a P25Reflector package.

In searching github, I see a repository for P25Reflector in the DVSwitch family that was updated 5 months ago, but the only file in the bin dir seems to be arm-based.  Should I just pull G4KLX's code?

Steve N4IRS

Show the output of apt update

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

E: Unable to locate package p25reflector

apt-cache search does not show a P25Reflector package.

In searching github, I see a repository for P25Reflector in the DVSwitch family that was updated 5 months ago, but the only file in the bin dir seems to be arm-based.  Should I just pull G4KLX's code?

Bill Atkinson

No joy with the existing sources list:

root@p25-ref-new: ~ # apt -y install p25reflector                                                                                                            [13:17:10]
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package p25reflector

apt-cache search does not show a P25Reflector package.

In searching github, I see a repository for P25Reflector in the DVSwitch family that was updated 5 months ago, but the only file in the bin dir seems to be arm-based.  Should I just pull G4KLX's code?

Steve N4IRS

The statement of, "You now have the COMPLETE DVSwitch Server installed.," is correct. The P25 reflector is not part of DVSwitch Server.
apt install p25reflector

On 7/27/2021 8:28 AM, Bill Atkinson wrote:
I have an existing stretch VM running:
  • P25Gateway version 20180409
  • P25Reflector version 20161101
  • P25Parrot version unknown, no support for --version, --help, etc.
  • Quantar_Bridge version unknown, no support for --version, --help, etc.
  • Dashboard version 20180428-HACK

My goal is to get up to the latest code base for all involved models.  It appears that this install was done a few years ago using the old MMDVM-Install process.

Should I try and backup/update on this machine or start with a new VM and fresh install then migrate my configs?

I did try the latter and following the DVSwitch-System-Builder process outlined here: https://github.com/DVSwitch/DVSwitch-System-Builder

But despite the statement of, "You now have the COMPLETE DVSwitch Server installed.," I noticed that I did not have the P25Reflector installed.  So does that mean that I still need to piece things together to get an updated version of what I currently have?  If so, what's the best repository to pull from?

Thoughts and/or advice appreciated.

Bill Atkinson