New Setup disconnects

Paul Colledge

Just answering my own recently posted question.  I'm using HamVoIP.

Going into menu option 11 (Run Asterisk CLI Client) showed what was happening during the connection with the error being 'Cannot find specified system node 1998'.

My extensions.conf read:

exten => 56194,1,Answer
exten => 56194,n,Playback,rpt/node
exten => 56194,n,Playback,digits/1
exten => 56194,n,Playback,digits/9
exten => 56194,n,Playback,digits/9
exten => 56194,n,Playback,digits/8
exten => 56194,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=0)
exten => 56194,n,Rpt,1998|P|${CALLERID(name)} ;;; The "CallerID" from IAXRpt

Change the 1998 on the last line to also be your Node Number, so for me:

exten => 56194,n,Rpt,56194|P|${CALLERID(name)} ;;; The "CallerID" from IAXRpt

The post here (https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/topic/77699649) explains it.  The file is built with a script auto-inserting your Node Number, but the 1998 on the last line is hard coded (and shouldn't be).

Note that I had to do a full reboot of HamVoIP for the change to take effect (a 'restart Asterisk Server' is NOT sufficient), but it's now successfully connecting.

Paul
VK2ICQ

Paul Colledge

This is exactly the problem I'm having Pete, were you able to get this sorted?

Paul
VK2ICQ

Pete KD2TCQ

Edited

Hi,

I have a ClearNode that I am attempting to connect to with DVSwitch Mobile

I followed all the setup and config directions and the mobile app successfully registers.

My AllStar node number automatically populates and I tap the Connect button.

It appears to connect and then reads back (an announcement) “Node 1998” and then it disconnects (the hangup button greys out and the connect button becomes available again) but it stays registered.

I feel like I’m super close to figuring this out and getting it to work - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Pete  KD2TCQ