moderated DV switch lost status

David McGough

Hi  Everyone,

I updated the hamvoip-asterisk package earlier this week. The update allows linkslist
data to be pushed to phonemode devices, such as is seen in the Status Tab
on the DVSwitch Mobile App.  As of the 1.7 release, this feature is now disabled by default.
Update your HamVoIP nodes using admin menu option #1 to get this fix.

To re-enable phonemode linkslists, a minor update is needed in the rpt.conf node stanza.  For
example, for node 1234:

;rpt.conf
[1234]
phonesendlinks=1

....After making this change, perform and "rpt reload" or restart
asterisk.

73, David KB4FXC

Steve N4IRS

OK,
So, until that feature is implemented and documented, we will just answer, HamVoIP release V1.7.0-01 no longer works with the status tab in DVSwitch Mobile.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/10/22 8:20 AM, David McGough wrote:
Steve & Everyone,

The linkslists were turned off for "phonemode" devices way back in
the rev 456 beta release, which was over a year ago. I'm surprised no
beta testers noticed this issue, since this code was running on many hubs
around the world.

The reason I turned this off was because very long linkslists were
clobbering some phone devices, leaving them unstable! I'll add an option
to turn this back on for users who wish to enable the feature.

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022, Steve N4IRS wrote:

Does not work for me.

On 1/10/22 7:55 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
To fix this, add "telemenabled=255" to your node's stanza.

On 1/10/2022 7:37 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Mike,
This is a HamVoip issue. Something changed on the last update. You
will have to ask on their list.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/10/22 7:21 AM, W3YXZ Mike via groups.io wrote:
When I start DV switch, mobile app and connect to a hub. There's a
list of connected nodes pop up on the screen. Also on the status tab
there should be a list of connected nodes. You can see my phone
connected on bubble chart.

David McGough

[...]

W3YXZ Mike

Thanks

Steve N4IRS

Does not work for me.

On 1/10/22 7:55 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:

To fix this, add "telemenabled=255" to your node's stanza.

On 1/10/2022 7:37 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Mike,
This is a HamVoip issue. Something changed on the last update. You will have to ask on their list.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/10/22 7:21 AM, W3YXZ Mike via groups.io wrote:
When I start DV switch, mobile app and connect to a hub. There's a list of connected nodes pop up on the screen. Also on the status tab there should be a list of connected nodes. You can see my phone connected on bubble chart.

Patrick Perdue

[...]

Where/which file do I add this to? iax.conf?

Steve N4IRS

Try adding telemenabled=255 to your node stanza.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/9/22 9:30 PM, W3YXZ Mike via groups.io wrote:
With Hamvoip 1.7, I no longer see all the connections in node status

W3YXZ Mike

With Hamvoip 1.7, I no longer see all the connections in node status