Monit: YSFGateway: does not exist

IK7VXC Mike

Thank you Steve.

Steve N4IRS

I don't know what to tell you. As long as the service is actually running don't worry about it. This is the first I have heard of this.

On 1/26/2022 12:49 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
I gave it some time but I also rebooted the RPi. Every process gets green but the YSFGateway.

IK7VXC Mike

I gave it some time but I also rebooted the RPi. Every process gets green but the YSFGateway.

Steve N4IRS

Give it time. Will not refresh ight away.

On 1/26/2022 12:30 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Steve,

this is what I get:

● ysfgateway.service - YSF Gateway Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ysfgateway.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Wed 2022-01-26 18:27:48 CET; 22s ago
  Process: 6148 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c echo "Starting YSFGateway: [`date +%T.%3N`]" >> /var/log/netcheck (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 6152 ExecStart=/opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway.ini (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 6152 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Tasks: 0 (limit: 3720)
   CGroup: /system.slice/ysfgateway.service

Jan 26 18:27:48 echozero systemd[1]: Starting YSF Gateway Service...
Jan 26 18:27:48 echozero systemd[1]: Started YSF Gateway Service.
Jan 26 18:27:48 echozero systemd[1]: ysfgateway.service: Succeeded.

I also did the systemctl start ysfgateway to start service

but Monit keeps saying "does not exist"

Mike IK7VXC

IK7VXC Mike

Steve,

this is what I get:

● ysfgateway.service - YSF Gateway Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ysfgateway.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Wed 2022-01-26 18:27:48 CET; 22s ago
  Process: 6148 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c echo "Starting YSFGateway: [`date +%T.%3N`]" >> /var/log/netcheck (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 6152 ExecStart=/opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway /opt/YSFGateway/YSFGateway.ini (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 6152 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Tasks: 0 (limit: 3720)
   CGroup: /system.slice/ysfgateway.service

Jan 26 18:27:48 echozero systemd[1]: Starting YSF Gateway Service...
Jan 26 18:27:48 echozero systemd[1]: Started YSF Gateway Service.
Jan 26 18:27:48 echozero systemd[1]: ysfgateway.service: Succeeded.

I also did the systemctl start ysfgateway to start service

but Monit keeps saying "does not exist"

Mike IK7VXC

Steve N4IRS

Monit is monitoring the YSFGateway service. My guess is the service is not running. If it not running, you can not dial a YSF reflector with a number 812345 You can connect to a ysf reflector by IP or FQDN.
systemctl status ysfgateway to check if the service is running
systemctl start ysfgateway to start service

On 1/26/2022 12:21 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Hi Steve,
I don't know what happened but today when I opened the Monit dashboard I noticed that the YSFGateway process "does not exist".
However I don't seem to have any noticeable anomalies and under /opt/YSFGateway folder the file YSFGateway IS there (along with YSFGateway.ini).

How can I correct this issue? And if the process does not exist, what anomaly should I get?

Thanks

Mike IK7VXC 

IK7VXC Mike

Hi Steve,
I don't know what happened but today when I opened the Monit dashboard I noticed that the YSFGateway process "does not exist".
However I don't seem to have any noticeable anomalies and under /opt/YSFGateway folder the file YSFGateway IS there (along with YSFGateway.ini).

How can I correct this issue? And if the process does not exist, what anomaly should I get?

Thanks

Mike IK7VXC