How to setup a DSTAR - HAMVOIP (Allstar) Bridge

Skyler Fennell

No idea how to do it on hamvoip but you may be able to use parts of my saved image here:

It took me a while to get DSTAR to ALLSTAR working, so I just have a dedicated pi, saved the image and never will touch it again. A thumbDV or similar DV3000 USB vocoder is required, and the DSTAR to ALLSTAR bridge cannot run on the same machine as the reflector itself.

Files to edit on the above image: /etc/irdddbgatewayd , /opt/AnalogBridge , /opt/MMDVM_Bridge, /root/DExtra_Hosts.txt. Please remove my callsign if you use it

On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 9:35 AM Keynon Lannom <keynon@...> wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a guide to get a DSTAR-HAMVOIP (Allstar) Bridge up and running. I have available a Raspberry PI 4 with the HAMVOIP image already installed and configured. I believe the vocoder I have is one from NWDR. This configuration will be static...always connected to the same Allstar Reflector and XLX Reflector. Both the XLX reflector and Hamvoip node will be in the same data center. I have talked with Steve some...I have never used DSTAR so if I miss use terms, etc. please correct me so that I learn...don't bash me for now already knowing. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keynon Lannom
KB5GLC

Keynon Lannom