From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Derek William Haden <facebook@...>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 9:27:17 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Add XLX reflectors to Dstar

Well, I figured this out with the help of the developers.

It's reasonably simple for anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of Linux.
If anyone wants to know how, just message me via this or FB.

Steve N4IRS

This is what the "developers" sent:

- Create your reflector list (a text file) in /tmp called DSTAR_node_list.txt
- The file is a list of reflectors and human readable names:

REF001CL|||REF001 C

Where the REF001CL (for example) is REF 001 Charlie Link

and REF001 C is the text you will see on the DVSM menu

I would suggest your first entry be:

"       U|||Unlink"

Without the quotes, but including all spaces (they are significant)

- Once you have /tmp/DSTAR_node_list.txt created, upload it to your device with

a) make sure DVSM is running

2) make sure Analog_Bridge is also running

execute:

./dvswitch.sh pushFileToClient /tmp/DSTAR_node_list.txt

Done

On 6/29/20 9:27 AM, Derek William Haden wrote:

Well, I figured this out with the help of the developers.

It's reasonably simple for anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of Linux.
If anyone wants to know how, just message me via this or FB.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Use pushFile, I was looking at the function name not the command name.

Derek William Haden

Yes I worked out that it was a syntax error, many thanks.

Derek William Haden

One other thing I did work out, well at least for the image I am using on the Rpi.

I had to change directory before running the pushfile

cd /opt/Analog_Bridge
then
./dvswitch.sh pushfile /tmp/DMR_node_list.txt

Worked.

Many thanks again, I am always grateful that there are folk in this world smarter than me.