Adding XLX Reflector

David - W9DWH

Our local System Fusion repeater runs a Wires-X room.  Rather than set up a YSF or FCS reflector it was decided an XLX reflector would be used instead.  That way it's Wires-X room can also be accessed via DMR, D-Star, etc.

Setting up the XLX reflector on Pi-Star was a breeze.  However, since XLX is not native to DVS I'm trying to figure out how to add it.  I've done some research, here in the group, but a lot of info I've found so far is outdated now. I also keep seeing info that references Brandmeister and I don't need any connectivity directly from XLX to BM.  Therefore I'm a little lost at the moment. Is there an updated tutorial anywhere that will lead me through adding XLX connectivity only?

Steve N4IRS

On 4/10/21 4:05 PM, David - W9DWH via groups.io wrote:
Our local System Fusion repeater runs a Wires-X room.  Rather than set up a YSF or FCS reflector it was decided an XLX reflector would be used instead.  That way it's Wires-X room can also be accessed via DMR, D-Star, etc.

Setting up the XLX reflector on Pi-Star was a breeze.  However, since XLX is not native to DVS I'm trying to figure out how to add it.  I've done some research, here in the group, but a lot of info I've found so far is outdated now. I also keep seeing info that references Brandmeister and I don't need any connectivity directly from XLX to BM.  Therefore I'm a little lost at the moment. Is there an updated tutorial anywhere that will lead me through adding XLX connectivity only?

David - W9DWH

Thanks. I have a few more questions though:

1.) Where I do I enter this information?
2.) Do I add it using the GUI or do I need to add it manually?
3.) How do I select the module (we're using "A") ?

Steve N4IRS

1: in MMDVM_Bridge.ini
2: manually
3: I believe module A would be 4001

On 4/11/21 4:09 PM, David - W9DWH via groups.io wrote:
Thanks. I have a few more questions though:

1.) Where I do I enter this information?
2.) Do I add it using the GUI or do I need to add it manually?
3.) How do I select the module (we're using "A") ?

David - W9DWH

It's still not making sense to me yet.  I followed the directions:

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=74.91.114.19
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=*********
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
Options=XLX:4009
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

Needless to say it's not working.  First of all there's nothing I can see that is pointing it to the XLX reflector I want to use (217 Module A). Brandmeister stopped using reflectors so I'm not sure if this is the problem or not.

Doug - W4DBG

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=IP OF XLX REFLECTOR
Port=62030
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
Options=XLX:4001
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

David - W9DWH

Thanks Doug.  This is not working for me either though.  Before I go any further do I need to choose between Brandmeister, and the XLX reflector, since there is already an instance of [DMR Network] which already contains the BM setup?

Doug - W4DBG

Not enough information for me.

I thought you were tying to do one thing. Do you see it logging into the XLX?

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:19 AM David - W9DWH via groups.io <dwh0305=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Doug.  This is not working for me either though.  Before I go any further do I need to choose between Brandmeister, and the XLX reflector, since there is already an instance of [DMR Network] which already contains the BM setup?

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

David - W9DWH

Sorry Doug.  I've been running Pi-Star for many a moon but I'm still fairly new to DVS.  What I would like to try to do is add XLX functionality, without losing  any of the other modes, like can be done with Pi-Star.  If necessary I would settle for the just the one XLX reflector, that we use locally, rather than all of them.  I'm also willing to give up the D-Star mode, to accommodate it if necessary.  When I tried the example you provided I did not see it register on the XLX217 dashboard.