Adding YSF to already established ASL<>DMR system

Cody N1CLF

I am in the process of trying to add YSF to our existing ASL<>DMR network. I know that I need a separate dvswitch configs and mmdvm bridge configs as well as a second systemctl service to run it. I am running into an error when launching the second service. 

root@elevatedrfnode:/lib/systemd/system# systemctl status mmdvm_dmrysf.service
● mmdvm_dmrysf.service - MMDVM_Bridge Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_dmrysf.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2021-11-26 19:37:26 PST; 10s ago
  Process: 30278 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c echo "Starting MMDVM_Bridge_P25: [`date +%T.%3N`]" >> /var/log/netcheck (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 30282 ExecStart=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_dmrysf.ini (code=exited, status=254)
 Main PID: 30282 (code=exited, status=254)

Nov 26 19:37:25 elevatedrfnode systemd[1]: Starting MMDVM_Bridge Service...
Nov 26 19:37:25 elevatedrfnode systemd[1]: Started MMDVM_Bridge Service.
Nov 26 19:37:26 elevatedrfnode systemd[1]: mmdvm_dmrysf.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=254/n/a
Nov 26 19:37:26 elevatedrfnode systemd[1]: mmdvm_dmrysf.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
root@elevatedrfnode:/lib/systemd/system#

Attached are my configs, passwords have been removed. I am running a cloud based VM using Buster.

Kimberly (KJ7OMO)

I too am trying to add YSF to my already existing ASL<>DMR system, but I have ran into a problem that is very similar to yours. Have you ever figured it out or are you still waiting for an answer?

Steve N4IRS

Start the service in the foreground to see what the error is:
/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_dmrysf.ini 

Steve N4IRS

BTW,
You should not need a second instance of MMDVM_Bridge.